Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
04 Outback 3.0Rn
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite being 39, I am as excited as a 9 year old on Christmas Eve! Potentially collecting my first Outback tomorrow, if on viewing it's as it's been described to me on the phone anyway!

It's new to me at least, and not exactly what I wanted, but I've been looking for a while and it was so cheap and the service history so complete that I thought I'd give it a whirl and if I like it, I'll keep looking for the absolute right one and sell the other.

It's an 04 3.0Rn with 110,000 miles and full service history.

Black with cream leather and there in lays the only bugbear for me. I wanted a light metallic (doesn't show up the age-related-marks so much!) with black leather.

Is there anything specific I should be looking for, or that should be making me walk away if it's wrong?

Are the automatic gearboxes prone to problems?

A couple of questions - I can't do much about the exterior colour, but I was thinking I might hunt around for a black leather interior from a car that's breaking - Does anyone know if the door cards and seats are the same in a similar aged Legacy wagon?

If anyone here is in the UK and fancies swapping their black interior for a beige one let me know!

Also, does anyone know if Xenons headlights are standard on the 3.0Rn? I know I'll find out tomorrow anyway, but my impatience is getting the better of me!

Roll on tomorrow!

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i Premium
4 Posts
Welcome!

A mechanic friend gave me some sage advice about buying a used car. If the seller says the milage is mostly highway miles, look at the driver seat bolster. If the seat material looks warn, it is likely from the driver getting in and out of the car frequently, which suggests lots of city driving. If you suspect the seller isn't truthful about whether it's highway vs city driving, there may be other things of concern.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts