Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just purchased a 2013 Outback 2.5i 6M/T yesterday. I have always loved the outbacks since the 2005 redesign. Before this I had a couple (used) Acura TLs. Boy those were great cars but I was ready for a brand new car with AWD. My brother had an Outback Sport a few years back and I remember that being a solid and fun car to drive, and now his wife has a 2012 Forester.

I knew the OB was the car for me, so I test drove a 2.5i CVT and a 6M/T. The whole constant RPM thing when accelerating and not feeling the gears shift was just too odd. I know it gets better fuel mileage than the 6M/T but its just too weird of a concept for me. So I then test drove a manual and fell in love with it. It was nice to utilize the whole spectrum of the engine using whichever gear I prefer. Though I live in the Chicago suburbs, my round trip commute to work is 4 miles, so having a manual won't be an issue and should be quite fun. Another reason for me to get the manual was to keep the cost down, which was very important to me. I think I have the cheapest OB you can get.

My parents live in Colorado so annual road trips out there are a must and the OB will be great for that, especially in the snow. I am involved in snow removal so it will be nice to have the AWD when I get called out in the wee hours of the morning before the roads are done.

Anyways I'm really excited about the car and will definitely utilize this forum.
-Ryan

·
Registered
396 Posts
Awesome!
Before I bought my limited with all the extra crap, I was **** close to getting a 6mt premium. In fact, had a red 6mt been on the lot, I probably would've bought it! There's a lot to be said for rowing your own gears (turns a station wagon into something that's engaging to drive) and I like that the awd split is always 50/50.

When we were signing papers, the salesman still tried to tell me how having the paddle shifters was just like having a stick since he saw I was a bit apprehensive. I laughed and said it wasn't even close.

·
Super Moderator
12,109 Posts
Howdy from Hyde Park.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
DryHeatOB
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing