Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
We had a '05 Forester for the last 7 years, but a perfect storm of needed repairs were more than the car was worth, so we just purchased a '16 Outback. We love the OB (but also miss the Forester at the same time).
We plan on an extended road trip this summer to celebrate. We plan to camp for a good part of the time. I'd purchased a Tail-Veil for my Odyssey, and it works just as well on the Outback, so we plan to sleep in the car.
I'm considering perhaps adding a 2nd battery for fans, reading lights, etc, but it looks like many people here have simply replaced their OEM batteries with deep cycle batteries. That seems like a much simpler way to go. If I go that route, should I invest in a rechargeable battery jumper in case we drain the main battery too much?
I'd love to hear from folks who camp in their Outback.
Thanks a lot, and I'm glad to be here!
Jim

2016 Outback Limited, 2.5L, CVT.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
First thing that I have always done (when I bought an used car or a new one) was to replace my battery with an Optima battery. A bit more money but worth the cost!
Then, I sold the old one on Craigslist. New batteries are now available and shippable on Amazon or eBay. They always arrived in good shape as they were very well packed!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts