Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully everyone having troubles with the new infotainment system are filing a complaint with SOA (Subaru of America).

https://www.subaru.com/customer-support.html

Enter your VIN, contact info, and brief description of your problem. I doubt dealers are forwarding these issues onto SOA.

Will it do anything other than hopefully raise a red flag, probably not. Also when the survey about the vehicle itself comes, remember to rail against the infotainment system. Because surfing other Subaru model forums, these problems are in the Crosstrek, Impreza, basically any Subaru with the new infotainment manufacture. And it's been going on for a couple of model years with STILL no fix. So I'm not holding my breath that Subaru will push out a magic software fix that we're all hoping for.

·
Registered
2007 Outback L.L. Bean 3.0, 2018 Outback Limited 3.6R
140 Posts
Hopefully everyone having troubles with the new infotainment system are filing a complaint with SOA (Subaru of America).

https://www.subaru.com/customer-support.html

Enter your VIN, contact info, and brief description of your problem. I doubt dealers are forwarding these issues onto SOA.

Will it do anything other than hopefully raise a red flag, probably not. Also when the survey about the vehicle itself comes, remember to rail against the infotainment system. Because surfing other Subaru model forums, these problems are in the Crosstrek, Impreza, basically any Subaru with the new infotainment manufacture. And it's been going on for a couple of model years with STILL no fix. So I'm not holding my breath that Subaru will push out a magic software fix that we're all hoping for.
I just responded to an online survey from SOA about my new Outback. There was no place on the survey to comment about specific issues like the infotainment head unit. I have made my issues clear in correspondence to SOA Customer Support.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just responded to an online survey from SOA about my new Outback. There was no place on the survey to comment about specific issues like the infotainment head unit. I have made my issues clear in correspondence to SOA Customer Support.
That may of been the survey for the dealer and buying experience. I just got that one as well. The survey for the actual vehicle usually comes later.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
549 Posts
At this point, probably public shaming of Subaru would yield some results. There were few interesting petitions for Subaru that got attention...

However, when pro car sites rate the infotainment systems, latest Subaru systems with Android Auto and CarPlay usually get very good rankings, the bugs don't seem to get as much visibility as features do.

·
Registered
2015 Outback LTD 2.5
1,046 Posts
I can't speak for other owners BUT wife's 2018 Crosstrek Ltd (w/o NAV) head unit is wonderful, MUCH BETTER than the Fujitsu unit in our 2015 OB Ltd WITH NAV......the Crosstrek HU has much better audio quality and responds much faster to inputs, switching between rear cam in reverse and audio, not even close........

BUT, on the other hand and FWIW, the keyless door locks in the 2015 OB respond almost immediately to the touch while the 2018 Crosstrek keyless seems slow by comparison.

Can I ask what the perceived HU problem is?

Steve

·
Registered
2007 Outback L.L. Bean 3.0, 2018 Outback Limited 3.6R
140 Posts
That may of been the survey for the dealer and buying experience. I just got that one as well. The survey for the actual vehicle usually comes later.
No, I did the buying experience survey, then almost immediately received an email invitation from SOA to complete a survey on why I chose an Outback over any other car. This one enters me into a drawing for a gift card!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I did the buying experience survey, then almost immediately received an email invitation from SOA to complete a survey on why I chose an Outback over any other car. This one enters me into a drawing for a gift card!
I haven't gotten that one yet. If they don't specifically ask about the infotainment. Maybe there's a spot for comment I can use, when I get my survey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts