Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for the next karma gift!

Inspired by generous lottery gift offerings from @Rub and @Brucey, I've decided to host it this time around. But this time everyone wins - or at least the first 50 of you who reply to me by PM.

We had previously discussed a forum sticker in this thread:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/61-general-discussions/482937-forum-stickers-our-cars-irl.html

The size and design has had some refinement that was suggested there, and I've ordered some white on clear 18 mm label tape, which seemed to be the consensus for best visibility, and produced what I think was the consensus design. The attached photo shows what it ended up looking like.

This is printed mirrored, so it's mounted on the inside of my glass, with the characters facing the glass - so they are not only weather protected, they are also protected on the inside by the tape bulk when you want to clean the glass. The overall length is 9" (23 cm), characters are 0.43" / 11 mm.

So what you need to do to get one, free of charge: PM me your name and address, and I'll simply mail one to you by first class mail. And yes, anywhere in the world is OK, so long as your name and address can be written in the Latin alphabet, and your customs people are OK with it (it's going to arrive in a regular letter mailing envelope, of course). I'll set 50 to be the limit, and hold back 5 of those for the moderators for now. There will be periodic updates in this thread for who I have in the queue to get them, using only your screen name, of course. And it isn't necessary to post to tell me you sent a PM, as I'm monitoring it.

When I actually mail it out to you, I'll send you a PM in reply. I'll probably be bulk processing them, so be patient.

I promise to use your name and address only for the stated purpose - you won't be spammed, stalked, or anything else.

Let's promote our forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, so far, takers are slow, but it is spring and a nice weekend, so I'll expect to see more PMs early tomorrow. The following members have already had their forum sticker ordered and shipped:

traildogck
kdl

And, per questions raised by these "early adopters":
(1) Multiple requests are OK, as long as it reasonably matches the number of Subarus in the household.
(2) Yes, I'll do it in lower case if you request it, or anything else reasonable (but this does require me to retype it, and you guys have all seen my spelling when it's late and I'm tired, right?).

So come on, let's hear from the rest of you!

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
I wonder if folks would be able to see it from the outside if I stuck in on the inside with my insane black tint job?

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if folks would be able to see it from the outside if I stuck in on the inside with my insane black tint job?
Only one way to find out. Operators are standing by now. And did I mention that it's free? ............

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Orders continue to be very slow, so there are plenty of them still available. The following members have already had their forum sticker ordered and shipped:

traildogck - shipped 5/12
kdl - shipped 5/12
nyoutback15 - shipped 5/14

@DugsSin - I did not see a PM from you, please try again.

If anyone else sent a PM and you aren't on the list above, reply in this thread (without listing name and address of course) and we'll get the @administrator involved.

So come on, let's hear from the rest of you!

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Orders continue to be very slow, so there are plenty of them still available. The following members have already had their forum sticker ordered and shipped:

I need to check the mailbox then.

:5:

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are making this waaaaay too easy for me! Order and shipping status as of this evening is:

kdl - shipped 5/12
DugsSin - shipped 5/15 (got your second PM, but not the first, go figure)
scoobydoo2 - shipped 5/15

And the design and production teams have reacted quickly and come up with an alternative option for those with dark window glass: We will gladly print them non-mirrored upon request, such that it can be mounted on the outside of the glass in front of the window film, instead of inside. There are no guarantees about weather resistance for this option, however! If you want one done this way, just write "non-mirrored" in your PM to me.

And I wanted to mention to those of you who will soon be receiving your sticker: The clear tape adhesive shows fingerprints badly, and I learned a much better procedure to install it after I re-did mine yesterday (you can see this fingerprinting in my photo in my original post, right next to the first "W" ). It is very important to keep your fingers off the adhesive side! The best way to install it is to peel just a little of the backing away at one end, attach the exposed adhesive to an X-acto knife or tweezers just a couple of mm inward from the edge, and use the knife or tweezers to carefully place this end where you want it. It's now very easy at this point to test for position (I used the rear window heater grids for my reference) by handling the still-covered portion. Once you've verified it's straight, peel away the paper and press it down progressively, a little at a time, watching for trapped air bubbles.

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,178 Posts
Did you get my order from Australia?

Wilko1

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,178 Posts
No PM received yet from you; please try again. I've also PM'd you to test the other direction.

@administrator - This is the second one missed; are there issues with PMs?
I got yours and have replied to your PM :grin2:

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll continue posting updates here, inasmuch as the reliability of our forum's PM feature seems to be questionable:

kdl - shipped 5/12
DugsSin - shipped 5/15
Wilko1 - shipped 5/15
psklenar - shipped 5/16

If you sent me a PM and your name isn't here, keep on trying! These are all of the names that I've got in my inbox.

And as you'll all note, I'm far from the 50 limit that I set - let's see your orders; operators are standing by!

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i
26 Posts
This is awesome!

But as someone who doesn't post very often, I'm a bit short to be able to PM.
(maybe you can send me a PM? :grin2: )

So instead I'll write a post to help keep this thread on the front page so someone else can take advantage of this! :29:

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Got mine today. Thank you John:grin2:
I did as well.

Hmmm...

I need to be both greedy AND needy.

I want (2) more. I have (2) cars with symmetrical decals. The rear window is very special. I also want to contract some CKE SSP decals for some kind of mass Karma gift.

I found a great dual home on Cherry. Pics, Pending Soon.

These apply to the outside? Correct?

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did as well.....I need to be both greedy AND needy. I want (2) more.
We are nowhere near 50, so will send them!

I also want to contract some CKE SSP decals for some kind of mass Karma gift.
In that case, I'm entitled in advance to four entries in your karma sweepstakes contest, if that's how it's going to be done.:smile2:

These apply to the outside? Correct?
My now-voluminous shipping records indicate that you were shipped the mirrored version, which mounts inside.

Once again, here are everyone's options:

- The mirrored version is the default if you don't specify otherwise with your order, and mounts on the inside. It is therefore weather protected, and in fact since the characters face into the glass, it should withstand multiple glass cleanings (going by the excellent condition of my "AWD" and "SVA" cargo area window decals put on at the factory, now 10+ years old). However, outward visibility may be affected by glass tint, if present.

- The non-mirrored version must be specified on your order, and mounts on the outside. It is thus in front of any dark tint, and should show well with white-against-black, but is not weather protected.I suspect the two will likely look similar for a while, but the outside mount is probably going to need periodic replacement.

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm a bit short to be able to PM......maybe you can send me a PM?
PM sent with my email address.

And this is also a chance to update my shipping records, in case we are still having issues with PMs in the forum (haven't heard of any in two days, though). These are all of the PMs / emails I have received; if you sent a PM to me and your name isn't here, keep trying or post in this thread; we'll sort this out eventually:

traildogck - shipped 5/12, received
kdl - shipped 5/12, received
DugsSin - shipped 5/15
Wilko1 - shipped 5/15
psklenar - shipped 5/16
utahusker- shipped 5/17
DavidPeab - shipped 5/17
Mistur.Mike - order reserved 5/17; awaiting address
traildogck #2 - shipped 5/17

1 - 20 of 60 Posts