Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current 13 OB has Ivory cloth interior. I'm looking to get aftermarket leather put in and wanted to get some insight on color. My initial thought was to just match factory colors. But I've got kids and would like something that will hide the mess better. Like a tan brown or even black. Trying to picture it in my head, I'm just not sure if it would look good or just way out of place.

I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

EDIT: My car is Green.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
My last subaru had black seats 180,000 miles of camping - kids - dogs etc it didn't hide the dirt trust me.

The 2010 with 40,000 miles on it has the ivory leather interior. So far my fear of it showing dirt was all for not. White cars hide dirt more than dark cars - seems this is the case with light interiors too. Again you wipe them off and they clean up just fine. Our dog never sets foot on seats now that we have a wagon - he stays behind the rear seat at all times. His claws did more damage to the old cars leather seats than his wet dirty body did after a winter hike.

My suggestion get the colors you like given so far I haven't found a reason beyond preference for color to say one is better than the other except the black leather for sure showed dirt and imperfections far more than the light colored seats we have now.

·
Registered
'13 OBW SAP 3.6R
416 Posts
I love my saddle brown leather seats. At first I was a little hesitant but now I am convinced I made the right choice. Not as dark as black and much improved from tan which I had in my previous car.

You never did mention what color your vehicle is which might help us help you make the decision on what to change the seats out to.

·
Registered
2013 OB
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, makes sense, since my last black car showed every swirl mark on the paint.

I really wish these cars came with a darker tan interior, like the old M3's.

digdah: Oops! Yeah, my car is green.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
My last subaru had black seats 180,000 miles of camping - kids - dogs etc it didn't hide the dirt trust me.

The 2010 with 40,000 miles on it has the ivory leather interior. So far my fear of it showing dirt was all for not. White cars hide dirt more than dark cars - seems this is the case with light interiors too......

My suggestion get the colors you like given so far I haven't found a reason beyond preference for color to say one is better than the other except the black leather for sure showed dirt and imperfections far more than the light colored seats we have now.
Right on the money. The hardest thing to keep clean on my '11 ivory interior was the black carpet. My SAP adds the door, kick panels and sills as they all show smudges and shoe marks. The brown leather looks spotless.

..... My initial thought was to just match factory colors. But I've got kids and would like something that will hide the mess better. Like a tan brown or even black......
I would avoid black for the reasons above. I think your Green would look stunning with any shade of tan through brown. In the end, buy what you like. If I was doing it I would do a two tone with accent beading and stitching.:29:

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
a few owners with a tan interior have black seat covers. i hate leather but i love my neoprene covers, which are black. it looks much better in addition to being 100x more durable and isn't bad with all the muddy stuff that goes in my interior. im probably gonna put neoprene covers in every car i buy from now on.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
a few owners with a tan interior have black seat covers. i hate leather but i love my neoprene covers, which are black. it looks much better in addition to being 100x more durable and isn't bad with all the muddy stuff that goes in my interior. im probably gonna put neoprene covers in every car i buy from now on.
LOL to match your seat covers get one of these for your laptop.

My sailing buddy who taught me how to run the pointy end started this company in his garage.
Sportfolio? Sleeve for MacBook Air

They over design all their stuff his boat was the same way. Nuk Sub engineer his specialty was hydro engineering he did exterior stuff. His boat was wicked teflon paint bottom slick as ****.

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
i think im the only person under 35 years old to not have a laptop, now let me get back to watching game shows on my black and white TV!

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
i think im the only person under 35 years old to not have a laptop, now let me get back to watching game shows on my black and white TV!
It's my story and I'm sticking to it???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts