Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2015 OB really needs more interior light so I changed the dome light to a LED type. But it blinks/flashes when it wants to. Tried pulling it our and reversing it but is no better. Good tight snap in fit. Ideas??????????

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Premium
26 Posts
Agree with paroxysym... could be flaky bulb. I'd also check that the bulb is listed with something like "CAN bus error free". Usually that means that the bulb won't upset the data networks in the car - maybe your situation is just the reverse?

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i and 2018 Audi A4
54 Posts
This happens on other cars when you put in LED's as a replacement for incandescent bulbs. Some cars periodically apply a small current to each bulb to check continuity. With an incandescent bulb this does not result in any light being emitted but because an LED is so responsive it will blink. I know this was a problem with Audi's and replacement tail light and parking lights. It can be quite annoying.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what brand is the bulb? could be a bad bulb..
Agree with paroxysym... could be flaky bulb. I'd also check that the bulb is listed with something like "CAN bus error free". Usually that means that the bulb won't upset the data networks in the car - maybe your situation is just the reverse?

Two of you guys can't be wrong! :laugh: I ordered this one as a replacement. We'll see what happens.
DE3175 LED Interior Dome Light Map Bulb For Car - SEALIGHT 4014 Chipset Canbus Error Free DE3021 DE3022 Festoon 31mm 1.25'' bulbs 6000K Xenon White

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
471 Posts
I have a Diode Dynamic LED map light that I bought, and it's doing the same thing. I have to press the button at least 2-3 times for it to light up. All other new LEDs work fine (dome, vanities, side doors, hatch, and license plate).

Let me know what you find!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two of you guys can't be wrong! :laugh: I ordered this one as a replacement. We'll see what happens.
DE3175 LED Interior Dome Light Map Bulb For Car - SEALIGHT 4014 Chipset Canbus Error Free DE3021 DE3022 Festoon 31mm 1.25'' bulbs 6000K Xenon White

It worked! It worked! New bulb is just as bright and works fine.....no flickering. Thanks for the cure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts