Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 outback with the 2.5
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I'm the happy owner of my '18 outback (base model). Really enjoy its all weather capabilities to the point I'm adding a'02 l.l. Bean to the lineup. The 02 has the H6 with 184k on the clock. She seems to run well but time will tell. Looking for ways to enhance both cars. Our '18 outback will focus on long distance comfort but thinking the bean might get more of a rally makeover.

·
Registered
2018 outback with the 2.5
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have to revamp my earlier statement. Didn't pick up the 02 yet after reading all the negative comments pertaining to the H6 Hg and timing chain issues.
My daily commute starts in the Hi Desert of So. Cal. And ends at 7000' elv. Worried about the 100 plus days that are right around the corner. With a 184k on it I'm wondering if those failures are inevitable or is there something at a reasonable cost I can do preemptively.
Any thoughts out there or should I move on?

I'm a little concerned with my 2018 2.5 just ran to Vegas for some training. Temperatures were in the mid 90's. Upon arriving I noticed the odor of coolant. Car just hit 10000 miles on this trip. Is this normal or should I run to my dealer. Didn't notice any change in fluid levels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts