Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Shmoobaru
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the state of Maine. I purchased a new 2018 3.6 limited in magnetite grey with a factory hitch from a local dealer. this is my fourth ‘roo; a 1982 gl wagon, a 1997 Impreza Outback Sport, and a 2003 Forester XS Premium preceded this car. Loved them all.
I got a dealer installed Subaru hitch at delivery, mud flaps, and all weather mats. I immediately de-badged the car including the Outback inserts in the rocker panels. I plan to replace them with a custom designed emblem soon. I have subsequently added the subie vent visors and a charging pigtail to the battery…you all know why. Ugh battery issues.
We have some bad winters and icy and slushy roads so I have winter and summer wheels. The winter wheels are the oe wheels with Nokian studded Hakepelitta’s and the summer wheels are Enki EKM3‘s in gunmetal grey with the oe Bridgestones. The wheels are claimed 20lbs
Lastly, I had a chrome delete done at Adventure Advertising in Rockport Maine, windows, grill and tailgate emblem. I am ecstatic with the quality of the job! So glad I didn’t try myself.
I didn’t think I would like the CVT…I adore the thing. Coupled with the 3.6, cruising down a country road at 45 mph and like 1100 rpm with tunes cranking on the HK stereo, I am in heaven…
I would really like to tackle the Touring roof rack swap this winter. I will never carry anything on the roof and prefer the lower profile. I would also powder coat the rack in black if possible.
You actually can get there from here…
i.
Car Automotive parking light Tire Grille Vehicle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
17,097 Posts
EKM3 was on my short list for wheels - was afraid it would look too busy but it looks perfect on your car!

·
Registered
Shmoobaru
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the welcoming words. I appreciate you all.
Wiscoutback87; I dig Wisconsin as well! Winsconsonites are pretty cool too.
SilverOnyx; I wasn’t sure the grey with grey was going to make me happy but it does.
johnre; I downloaded the “Subaru font” which is “square 721 extended”, then I plan on having a new name plate custom made, black with silver letters just like oe with another 7 letter word (which I still haven’t decided on). “Further” is at the top of the list currently…I also plan on getting chrome lettering for the tailgate which will say something different, again not sure what. There are a few companies that makes custom lettering and name plates for your vehicle.
Hey hydrex , I thought I saw you on the road the other day, no one drives Subaru’s in Maine. Lol (sometimes it seems like there’s only subarus and pick up trucks on the road here)
Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts and knowledge, much appreciated.

·
Registered
Shmoobaru
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Cotts! Yay Minnesota! Yes, smooth like butter!
I was looking for a white 3.6 when I bought mine, couldn’t find one locally at the time. I really do prefer the roof rails on the touring model, I am going to have to make that swap.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6r touring //// 2004 Wrx wagon 5mt SOLD
243 Posts
Thanks Cotts! Yay Minnesota! Yes, smooth like butter!
I was looking for a white 3.6 when I bought mine, couldn’t find one locally at the time. I really do prefer the roof rails on the touring model, I am going to have to make that swap.
White wasn't even on my list of colors I wanted, but I had to jump on this one! It had everything I wanted, except for the color. I will say that after coming from a black car, white is a lot more forgiving! The color has grown on me, and I absolutely love it!

Sidebar: I love Maine! My wife's and family and I vacation out there once a year up in the Camden, Rockland area. Absolutely beautiful! Everything reminds me of northern Minnesota, except for the ocean of course 😁

·
Registered
Shmoobaru
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aha great! We are right up the road, lol. I love the lobster roll at Claws in Rockland, my favorite in Maine. Have you been to the transportation museum in Owls Head? Great way to spend an afternoon.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6r touring //// 2004 Wrx wagon 5mt SOLD
243 Posts
Aha great! We are right up the road, lol. I love the lobster roll at Claws in Rockland, my favorite in Maine. Have you been to the transportation museum in Owls Head? Great way to spend an afternoon.
Yep, we've been there! We spent part of a rainy day there, some pretty cool stuff!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts