Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 MY Outback 2.5 Sport (Touring?) and 2018 MY XV 2.0
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there.... Greetings from Southern Bavaria, Germany.... just joined the group. Outback is my third Subaru. Before, in the US, I had a 2015 Outback limited. Then, here in Bavaria I bought for my daughter a 2018 MY XV Exclusive+ 2.0 (Crosstrek) and in February 2020 a new 2019 MY Outback for my wife which replaced a 2013 Volvo XC60. That is what she wanted after enjoying Subaru in the states. So.... now the entire family loves Subarus. Two dogs too!

Here in the Southern Bavaria, there are many more official Subaru dealers than Outbacks! It seems. Very very rarely I see another OB...maybe 3 or 4 in 1.5 years. There are Foresters and XV though in every town.
Yes, in a 50km/35miles radius I have 7 Subaru dealers. Two full operation dealerships and 5 very small Subaru service dealerships.

Outback is a such a good car for the region but locals prefer VWs, Audis, or Skodas.
I also have a new Alfa Romeo Stelvio and......that is the car to drive for fun. No dealers though, 60 miles to one in one direction and 60 miles to another in opposite direction. I bought my Alfa in Austria as their "export" price was much better than in Germany.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I am looking forward to this forum. See you around!

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
8,092 Posts
Welkommen!

I think many here would like the German dealer model here in the US; many of ours are too busy, and their pricing shows it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is kind of nice....I know US dealers (worked as a VW brand standards rep in Portland and S.Wash. at some point).
Here there is no service manager, no finance department, used cars dept. greeter, or parts dept.... everything at the dealership is done usually by 3-4 people. Owner and his family plus an intern....hehehe
I like it that way. Drive up and the same guy does everything around the car from the arrival to departure. There are some drawbacks though. Only very very basic parts are on stock, even obvious warranty issues must be first approved by the "centrale," and usually no replacement cars (because the owner drives the one). What also is not nice, under warranty visits there is never any paperwork regarding repair. No documents for me indicating what they have diagnosed, repaired or what parts were used. For scheduled service there is no book to collect dealer stamps as a proof of taking care of the car. Different brands have different procedures and BMW, Volvo, Alfa doing this a litter "better."

Scheduling service is not a problem.... often within 2-3 days. What could be the problem is that those dealership guys do not see Outbacks often and might be not up to date with some issues. A big dealership in the US will usually know from experience what might be going on and will tell you... "we see this all the time."

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
813 Posts
Wilkommen aus Portland, Oregon!

·
Premium Member
2022 Outback Wilderness with moonroof package
120 Posts
Grüß Gott und herzlich Willkommen zum Forum! Die Forum-Mitmacher hier sind freundlich, hilfsbereit, und echte Subaru-Kenner.

Darf ich mal fragen, wo Sie im Südbayern wohnen? Während der 1970s bin ich in Bad Tölz und anderswo in Bayern dienstlich tätig gewesen. Auch in Coburg (Oberfranken) an der damaligen Zonengrenze.

Nochmals Willkommen!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for writing.....your German is so much better than mine. :) I understood what you wrote without the problem but answering you in German (in writing) would be above my abilities. To answer your question....I am a little West of Füssen. I am sure that you know that place. Yes, I would agree, this forum is a nice group of people. You have a great version of the car. I am contemplating getting Yoko G015 soon. Little hesitant and not because I do not believe in this tire but over here I will have zero chances to use it on a trail meaning of the pavement/tarmac. Maybe for that I drive to Spain or Poland.

I just bought 5 new Enkei 18" wheels known here as Shogun FF and on your side of the Atlantic as FC01. Now a difficult part is to choose tires. Leaning towards new generation of AS (but not in a NA sense). They must have 3 mountain peaks homologation. Thanks again for your post.

·
Premium Member
2022 Outback Wilderness with moonroof package
120 Posts
Füssen -- yes, beautiful area! I'm a trifle jealous. :) You will be able to put your OB Sport through its paces there. Tires clearly critical.

Thanks for responding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts