Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback Special Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have been lurking for probably two or three months, but just brought home a 2009 Outback 2.5i Special Edition. 60 000 miles yesterday! Drove two hours today, getting familiar with it.

I got this from a dealer, and test drove two others. My previous vehicle was a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, so they were all a big step up for me. It was nice not to be bouncing all over the place. Test drove a Manual Transmission 2010, that no one seems to want from this dealer, with 40,000 miles. Also drove another 2009 outback 2.5i Special Edition, with 40,000 miles, priced $1000 more.

So, my choice was out of those three. I was really psyched about the 2010 -- yes, if I had the money I would have been looking at 2012 or 13, but I remember back to my little 1997 Subaru Legacy that took me EVERYWHERE. I wanted something much smaller than the Jeep, and the 2010 felt floaty, more like an SUV than a car. The one I got is great, and much more in my pricerange, so I won't have to completely change my lifestyle now that I have a car payment again. Also have heated seats, mirrors, wipers, nice stereo, roof rack (which I took off since I won't be strapping things on up there). Driver's seat is way more comfortable that the Jeep, and I liked that seat too!

Anyway, hoping to meet others on here This is my first time on a car forum, so I'm excited!

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!

I think 2009 was the best year for the Outback. I recently got an '08 myself and love it.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback Special Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Wow, I notice, 19.2, that seems a little low... but oh, you have the 3.0. That makes more sense. I'm pleased to see that mine is coming higher than advertised. Took a 2 hour trip today, and came in at 27.9. That's a BIG change from my gas thirsty Jeep!

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Thanks! Wow, I notice, 19.2, that seems a little low... but oh, you have the 3.0. That makes more sense. I'm pleased to see that mine is coming higher than advertised. Took a 2 hour trip today, and came in at 27.9. That's a BIG change from my gas thirsty Jeep!
Yup, that's the difference. Cold temperatures, some idling, and many of those miles are <10 minute trips to work where it doesn't even fully warm up as well. What highway I have done has a lot of hills, so that doesn't help either. I'm planning on taking it up to Maine a day next week so that should give me an idea of highway mileage. My '04 H6 would get about 26 highway so I'm hoping this is similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts