Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4-cylinder NA 5-speed MT with almost 130k miles on it, of which about 100 are mine; the rest come from the prior owner. Trying to come up with a name for the car.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. I bought a used Outback about a month ago, and I just wanted to find a group who I could go to for tips, advice, and help on how to get the most out of my Subie!
Something I just want to make clear before I dive into the community here:
I don't want to offend anyone. EVER. There's enough mean-spiritedness out in the world as it is, and I have no desire to add to it. However, sometimes I don't know when to shut up, as it's hard to read emotions from a line of text. With that in mind, if I ever say anything or post anything that bothers you, please let me know immediately and I will do my best to set things right. I look forward to getting to know you all, and I hope I can make some good friends and acquaintances. Thanks for letting me join the group!!

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,176 Posts
Welcome ...

:welcome2:

I wouldn't worry about yourself. I offend people all the time, I'm sure

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i 4-cylinder NA 5-speed MT with almost 130k miles on it, of which about 100 are mine; the rest come from the prior owner. Trying to come up with a name for the car.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any suggestions for parts, both cosmetic and performance? The area I live in doesn't seem to have much for Subies in general, and next to nothing for my specific model/year. I have had a devil of a time trying to locate ANYTHING for the '05-'07 models...and Subaru of America was no help whatsoever, so any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Master Caster
16,176 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Performance ... Yes

Protection with your performance ... Yes

These all look like they're for a 5-6AT, not manual. I have a 5MT with a little 4-banger (I wish I had the H6). I appreciate the help, though...

·
Master Caster
16,176 Posts
@0utb4ckinBl4ck

Yeah... that link to the CVT was a mistake.

Rear sway bar reinforcement mount and stock size sway bar performance bushings is what I make. To fit your car.

The 2006 chassis shares so many bits with LGT upgrades and WRX. The aftermarket is quite extensive. Upgraded sway bars. Coilover suspensions. Chassis braces and adjustable rear lateral links. Performance mufflers and deletes.

Other people make that stuff.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5 Eye Sight
1 Posts
Newbie here

Hello all,

I’m Chris from NW PA. This is my first Subaru, 2018 Outback limited. We’re only a couple weeks into ownership. Looking forward to learning here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts