Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All-
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a first-time Subaru owner, quite bychance actually. Recently, I hit a deerwith my 2007 Ford Freestyle, and my insurance company decided to total myvehicle. So, I found a 2010 Outback atmy local dealer and pretty much fell in love with it. The 2.5i Limited is Azurite Blue Pearl withthe light tan leather interior. It justturned over 61,000 miles.
So, I have a few questions if anyone is willing toshare.
1. I need a run-downon exactly which interior door buttons are supposed to light and which don’t. The entire passenger power lock switch doesnot light up on my car. On the driverside, the window lock-out switch and the “unlock” part of the power lock switchdoes not light up. What should be litup? And most importantly, are these justbulbs or do I need to replace the entire switch??
2. Is there a way toset an accessory delay function in the Outback? My Freestyle had this so I could shut the car off and still have powerwindows and the radio for a few minutes. I can’t tell you how many times I have had to turn the ignition to Runin order to close my window!!
3. I have read aboutmoonroof leaking issues with automatic car washes. Any experience or suggestions here? This is my first sun/moonroof-equippedcar. I live in N. Minnesota so as soonas the snow hits, I put away my hoses and to the carwash I go.
4. I would like toadd some kind of small light/nudge bar on the front of my Outback. I am looking at one from RallyInnovations. Any insights here?
5. I love to work onmy cars and this Outback will be no different. What are some of the common modifications that you guys make forimprovement? I have already installedLEDs around the car and love the look.
6. I read in theowner’s manual about some dealer-modified settings for the car. Does the amber air-bag on/off light in thecenter info center have such a setting? Compared to modern Ford cars I have owned, it seems strange to me thatthis illuminates at all times. Justwondering.
7. Lastly, Is thereanywhere to purchase an original window sticker for my car?

My apologies for all the questions. Thank you in advance. Jody

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,846 Posts
Greetings All-
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a first-time Subaru owner, quite bychance actually. Recently, I hit a deerwith my 2007 Ford Freestyle, and my insurance company decided to total myvehicle. So, I found a 2010 Outback atmy local dealer and pretty much fell in love with it. The 2.5i Limited is Azurite Blue Pearl withthe light tan leather interior. It justturned over 61,000 miles.
So, I have a few questions if anyone is willing toshare.
1. I need a run-downon exactly which interior door buttons are supposed to light and which don’t. The entire passenger power lock switch doesnot light up on my car. On the driverside, the window lock-out switch and the “unlock” part of the power lock switchdoes not light up. What should be litup? And most importantly, are these justbulbs or do I need to replace the entire switch??
2. Is there a way toset an accessory delay function in the Outback? My Freestyle had this so I could shut the car off and still have powerwindows and the radio for a few minutes. I can’t tell you how many times I have had to turn the ignition to Runin order to close my window!!
3. I have read aboutmoonroof leaking issues with automatic car washes. Any experience or suggestions here? This is my first sun/moonroof-equippedcar. I live in N. Minnesota so as soonas the snow hits, I put away my hoses and to the carwash I go.
4. I would like toadd some kind of small light/nudge bar on the front of my Outback. I am looking at one from RallyInnovations. Any insights here?
5. I love to work onmy cars and this Outback will be no different. What are some of the common modifications that you guys make forimprovement? I have already installedLEDs around the car and love the look.
6. I read in theowner’s manual about some dealer-modified settings for the car. Does the amber air-bag on/off light in thecenter info center have such a setting? Compared to modern Ford cars I have owned, it seems strange to me thatthis illuminates at all times. Justwondering.
7. Lastly, Is thereanywhere to purchase an original window sticker for my car?

My apologies for all the questions. Thank you in advance. Jody

moved to 2010-14 section

first don't use Calibri font, it is hard to read, and I am using a 23" screen. what did you use to type that on.

get the dealer to change the CVT fluid, (that is one that DIY people want to farm out to the dealer, to get 100% of it out ). there is a extended warranty on the CVT to 100,000 miles,... longevity means fluid changes, subaru originally thought that was forever fluid, but that is not the case.

retained accessory: turn the key back to on without turning to start. to use the windows, and back to accessory if you want the radio without draining the battery.
just like 1985,...and be happy. I have had retained accessory in other things I have owned,...it is impressive as a countess's fart in a stiff wind.

some people complain about moon roofs,...keep the dust and pin needles out. follow directions here about getting the drain hoses clean if they back up. other then that,..not a whole lot of people complaining about it,...vs. rest of the subaru loving population. I have had my own bouts with it,...never really fixed anything yet. (maybe on rare occasions the motor stops a micro-meter shy of all the way closed,...and needs another try,...or a wipe down of the rubber seals).

Mods: for Minesnowta. ...snow tires. give AWD vs. All wheel spin. any set of 16" subaru rims from 2000-2014 make for good subaru snow rims. some people like steelies. (16" tires are cheaper, and the deeper sidewall gives some more protection to a dented rim then the 17" rims). plenty of discussion threads in the tire section here. metal skid plates if you go off road, I have cracked many a plastic one on the hard snow at the end of a driveway where the municipal plow doubles it up, just zipped them back together. aftermarket companies sell them, or people DIY them.

·
Registered
2013 3.6R SAP BBP Outback
717 Posts
Welcome! Have you tried mysubaru for the window sticker by VIN? I strongly suggest skipping the light-weight nudge bar. Those have a well deserved for being "damage multipliers" in even fender-benders.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium (The Superoo), Graphite Gray Metallic, CVT, Yoko Geolandar G015 AT 225/65R-17
236 Posts
When your low beams go out (and they will) swap them for OSRAM Rallye 65w H7 bulbs (if you can find them, the were discontinued this year). If you can't find them, then the VOSLA H7 55W +120 "Superbrite", or Philips X-treme Vision H7 12 V, 55 W bulb are highly recommended by Daniel Stern Lighting and on Candle Power Inc. as suitable replacements for these bulbs.

The stock bulbs burn out fairly fast, and this car is the worst when it comes to replacing them. It's truly a pain. The bulbs listed above will hopefully give you a bit longer interval between replacements. There are many threads with people using other bulbs, but both Daniel Stern and Candle Power Inc. are very objective, reputable resources.

I have a moonroof and the only difficulty I've had with it is occasionally it sticks when trying to pop down to slide open. This is easily fixed by lubricating the rubber gasket with a silicone lubricant. There are threads on the forum covering this. I've had zero leaks and we just had Harvey come through last weekend with my OB sitting in the driveway.

The only other "mods" I've done are adding a class II Hidden Hitch, plasti-dipping the grill and fog surrounds, and adding a bunch of window stickers. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts