Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Subaru Outback w/eyesight
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving a Camry for the past 10-years.. I've switched to Subaru. I commute about 100-miles a day from Baltimore to Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Did my first commute this morning. Can't wait to learn all the bells and whistles to make the ride easier.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Welcome! The first time you encounter bad winter conditions you'll be asking your self how you survived driving the Camry all those years. You'll realize just how sketchy the Camry was when you experience the Subaru in bad conditions LOL

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, can't wait for the rain, snow, ice, slush mixes the East Coast throws at us. Although I've lived up and down the EC, I moved here from Northern California... the only time I had snow.. was when I drove to ski at Tahoe!

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
hmmm, can't wait for the rain, snow, ice, slush mixes the East Coast throws at us. Although I've lived up and down the EC, I moved here from Northern California... the only time I had snow.. was when I drove to ski at Tahoe!
LOL - Tahoe sierra Cement is impressive snow and the Subaru is King of Tahoe. The icy crap they get in the East is for sure a whole different ball game! Good luck and be very very glad your in a subaru now the Camry is a useless car when the white stuff sticks. I drove a family members Camry through Tahoe once in the winter - possibly the worst experience I've ever had and the closest I've ever been to being in major danger of wrecking due to lousy traction and handling of a car.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you're in San Francisco.. I was in Sacramento. Thanks for good wishes!

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
I see you're in San Francisco.. I was in Sacramento. Thanks for good wishes!
Davis / Sac Causeway ice X100 ;-) I had family in Michigan for a number of years I spent way too many Christmas vacations skidding around Ann Arbor in F-ing cold weather! They are all in CA now and happy to be back. LOL - Enjoy but don't feel bad if your headed back to CA sooner than you had planned.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would love to come back.. still own my house there.. and one can only live/work on Cap Hill for so long! :)

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC
7 Posts
people who can't drive in reasonable snow conditions in a fwd car don't have the right tires, don't know how to drive in snow, or a mix of both.

enjoy the outback! i just got mine too. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts