Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here and fairly new to the Subaru scene. I just bought a 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback with 86K miles over the weekend. I was looking it over last night and found a connector unhooked under the dash, right under the steering wheel. I hooked it up to see what it would do, and when I started the car the Check Engine light started flashing. I unhooked it, because the light would drive me crazy. I don't know if the previous owner unhooked the light, or the dealership. Anyway, the car runs fine, no hesitations, great acceleration, no strange noises. Should I be concerned about this, or is it just a bad reading from an O2 sensor or somthing causing it to flash? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
MY99 3rd Gen Outback GX, 2004 Lexus RX330 Sport Luxury
242 Posts
From memory, that connector under the steering column is deliberately left unhooked - the service departments use it to hook up their OBD readers. If you do hook it up, the check engine light will flash.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Yes, what Losiho said. That connector is for checking the system, leave it unconnected. Brian

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
There called D- check connectors,theres also another pair down there thats a single pole connectors,they are the read memory connectors.i think there black or white.You can plug up the green ones for reading codes.You do both for reading memory and clearing codes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts