Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a JEEP convert on my 2nd subi. My '02 Legacy LTD Wgn got totaled out last November due to some new driver's failure to yield at a STOP sign and now I'm on a '99 Outback Wgn. I'm pretty sure I like it better than the '02.

I have been a professional bicycle/auto/industrial mechanic since age 16 (14yrs) and have much fabrication experience. I used to have a Nissan lowrider truck, fully shaved, airbags; the whole deal. I'm big into mountain bikes, climbing, camping etc. so the Subi's work well for me.

So far I've built a "hybrid" CAI intake using the factory air box and a hi-flow filter, pulled the orange reflectors out of the front corner markers, pulled the pinstripe and shaved the rear window deflector thingy.

I found an OEM roof spoiler on eBay from another Quicksilver Subi and will be installing it after the paint dries from my deflector shave job (4 nice rusty holes and nutserts, boo!). My buddy has ordered my window tint and we will be doing that as well in the next few weeks. 20% rear windows and hatch, 30% fronts with a 35% windshield banner. I also have all LED external lighting en route.

Timing belt and waterpump will happen in December and probably all other belts as well. NGK plugs, NGK wires and a new fuel filter will also be changed at that time.

I bought the car from a used dealer with 88K and everything done up to that point with records to prove it!

Later

~Nick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Would love to see some pics!
I have a silver 99 OB as well. Wonderful cars, ehh?

Looks like i found my cars twin!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pics of the recent work:

-Removed pinstripe
-Repaired 4 rusty holes in hatch
-Installed spoiler
-Tinted tail lights
-Cleared front corners
-Removed front badge
-Removed LEGACY badge and painted OUTBACK and AWD

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put in my new LED flasher module for the LED rear turn signals. Seems to work so far, if not a little faster than I'm used to. We'll see what happens when I replace the fronts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice! I really like the spoiler on the deck lid too. Your car is a pretty good match to my Subie too. :29:

Here is mine, a close twin... but with an extra 100K on the clock! Before winter, I would like to ditch the original driving lamps and swap in a set of Hella 500's in the stock holes. Just put new Kuhmo's all around and a 4-wheel alignment last week. So much sweeter to drive now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Firefyter-EMT
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing