Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i LTD / Auto
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the Outback and loving it. First Subaru. AWD, fuel economy, size and price attracted me. Moved from an SUV.

A bit concerned about all the negative comments I've read about Subaru service. Wondering how this ownership experience will be long term. Hope I don't spend my fuel savings with the service department! :28:

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback Premium | 2007 Outback 2.5i
345 Posts
Just bought the Outback and loving it. First Subaru. AWD, fuel economy, size and price attracted me. Moved from an SUV.

A bit concerned about all the negative comments I've read about Subaru service. Wondering how this ownership experience will be long term. Hope I don't spend my fuel savings with the service department! :28:
Welcome! I'm in Plainfield and would really like to touch base with you on your late model Outback (light bar fabrication).

I wish I could tell you something about the service departments but I do all the regular maintenance myself. And once I'm out of warranty, like I am now, I still do most of the stuff myself and w/friends.

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,109 Posts
I've had my OB for 11 yrs. now, and have found that the older the dealership, the better the service. (Sounds obvious, but isn't always true.) Fortunately, I have only needed the dealer once, to go thru the OBD when the car was still in warranty, but I was happy with their results. 170k on the clock now, and I wonder if the car will outlive me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts