Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Impreza Outback 5 speed
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My name is Alex I'm from southwest Michigan & I recently purchased my first Subaru! It's an 04 Impreza Outback, 5 speed manual, it rolled 177k on my way home from Chicago with it, very little rust at all, head gaskets, timing, water pump, etc. have all been done. It's a cool little car I love it a little more every time I drive it. I'm looking for some good snow tires to throw on it, I was wondering of any recommendations? The current tire size is 205/55/16 on stock wheels, I will be getting two new rear wheels, they are very very slightly bent from a pothole the previous owner hit. Any advice, comments, concerns I would love to hear and take into consideration. Thanks for any input and thanks for reading!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,823 Posts
good looking ride

if you are needing 2 new rims anyway, why not use this opportunity to personalize the car a little with aftermarket rims? If possible, find some that are lighter weight than the stock rims. I've SSR and now have Enkei on my WRX. Also, you might swing by a collision shop - they have relationships with places that can restore damaged rims - or call around yourself. I have seen what they can do and it's amazing.

there are tools at discount tire and at tirerack onl;ine that will let you load a pic of your car model and load pics of different rims to see the effect. I got my SSRs sent to me with a set of Kumho tires already mounted and balanced.

anyway - that car can be fun to throw around the corners and can use a lot of 'bits' made for the WRX/STi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts