Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new member and have been researching Subaru's the last couple of months. Debating on new vs. used and outback vs. forester.
Today I ran across a 1999 Subaru out 2.5i 30th anniversary edition with 49k and said to be kept in great condition. Asking price $7,500.00
Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
8,091 Posts
For that same $7,500, you could get a Gen 3 that's 10 years newer and perhaps <100k miles.

Seller may be banking on the 30th anniversary special model here.

Still, doesn't cost you anything to look at it.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,054 Posts
a 30th anniversary is not that special. (one little decal badgey thing on a limited).
Everything Subaru Outback Archives 1998-1999: options, prices, history.

and these 1999 are not rare, even if that one is ultra low miles / rust free,

even if mint, I bid $2000, if it has some upgraded suspension that makes it more tolerable from the factory,....in a car with the arguably worst engine the company has ever made.
and I doubt it will sell for much more then that around Seattle or Colorado where the prices are highest.

for that kind of money find something newer....any legacy or legacy outback is better.

_____

here is a old thread with a whole lot of Questions and Answers that you might like,...

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/62-car-lounge/200954-help-buying-my-second-subaru-advice.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts