Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 WSP OB w/CVT 1985 Saab SPG 220K
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New member and new owner here, so don't hurt me. I'm Kargok9. A synonym for "freight dog". For those that don't recognize the formerly derisive term, it used to be applied to cargo pilots by "real airline pilots" who looked down their collective snouts at those who flew freight. Those days are gone and the tables have certainly turned. It's now a moniker that we all wear proudly.

Anyway, I'm here because I'm now the owner of a 2010 OB Limited, CVT in Satin Pearl. I couldn't be more thrilled. Not only by the car, but by successfully negotiating the C4C program. I had to drive to an adjacent state to get the car that my wife and I had determined would fit our needs. The OB with ADF package filled the bill.

After dropping off the soon to be traded Blazer, we drove the Subie back the 160 miles back home. It gave us time to really appreciate all the fine features of the car and allow us to assimilate it's overall quality. Prior to parking the car at it's new home, I tanked it at the local filling station with 87 octane reg gas. It got an astounding 31.12 mpg on the drive back, albeit mostly interstate highway and at "newbie Subie" speed. The one thing that was particularly noteworthy was the integration of the CVT and the Cruise Control. Instead of the fuel squandering upshift/downshift to maintain speed over hilly terrain, the Subie smoothly increases RPM with very little fuss. If you aren't watching the tach, it's pretty much unnoticeable.

I'll post more here as the odessy continues.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,276 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new OB.

Where in East TN? I lived there until last year.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi! I'm new here too. Congratulations on your new Outback. Would you mind posting some pics? The White Pearl is the color I'm leaning towards picking and I would love to see some real life photos. Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 WSP OB w/CVT 1985 Saab SPG 220K
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome. The new Subie resides just outside "Murvul" on the Tennessee river. The Satin Pearl is very attractive, but it is subtle. It is also very popular. There were several sold off the truck out from under me and mine came off the truck and was purchased sight unseen. I will certainly try to post pics soon. The only problem that we have encountered is that it is so new that we are unable to get an aftermarket hitch for it and the Thule rack languishes. Bikes are forced to ride in the '62 Ford F-100.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,276 Posts
kargok9 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome. The new Subie resides just outside "Murvul" on the Tennessee river. The Satin Pearl is very attractive, but it is subtle. It is also very popular. There were several sold off the truck out from under me and mine came off the truck and was purchased sight unseen. I will certainly try to post pics soon. The only problem that we have encountered is that it is so new that we are unable to get an aftermarket hitch for it and the Thule rack languishes. Bikes are forced to ride in the '62 Ford F-100.
Ahhh, Murvul....little west of me. I was living in the Tri-Cities area.

·
Registered
2020 Outback, 2020 WRX, 2011 Legacy, 2005 Legacy GT wagon
22 Posts
Hello all,

New member and new owner here, so don't hurt me. I'm Kargok9. A synonym for "freight dog". For those that don't recognize the formerly derisive term, it used to be applied to cargo pilots by "real airline pilots" who looked down their collective snouts at those who flew freight. Those days are gone and the tables have certainly turned. It's now a moniker that we all wear proudly.

Anyway, I'm here because I'm now the owner of a 2010 OB Limited, CVT in Satin Pearl. I couldn't be more thrilled. Not only by the car, but by successfully negotiating the C4C program. I had to drive to an adjacent state to get the car that my wife and I had determined would fit our needs. The OB with ADF package filled the bill.

After dropping off the soon to be traded Blazer, we drove the Subie back the 160 miles back home. It gave us time to really appreciate all the fine features of the car and allow us to assimilate it's overall quality. Prior to parking the car at it's new home, I tanked it at the local filling station with 87 octane reg gas. It got an astounding 31.12 mpg on the drive back, albeit mostly interstate highway and at "newbie Subie" speed. The one thing that was particularly noteworthy was the integration of the CVT and the Cruise Control. Instead of the fuel squandering upshift/downshift to maintain speed over hilly terrain, the Subie smoothly increases RPM with very little fuss. If you aren't watching the tach, it's pretty much unnoticeable.

I'll post more here as the odessy continues.
How exciting! Welcome to the Subaru Family! I am new on this Forum too. I sell Subarus, so if you have any questions about your buttons and features, dont hesitate to ask!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts