Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very serious about an outback ltd. What I am not sure about is the Navigation (I really hate to put one in knowing at some point it will stop working) but the eyesight option, tied to the navi is of interest. I guess I am curious about what folks think about the eyesight and if it is worth the further investment.

Thank you

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
The eye sight systems are great for people who spend most of their time in city traffic where a second pair of eyes can keep them from bumping someone off while texting and driving etc.

If your hard on your cars ie running them up and down dirt roads lots of dust etc its probably wise to avoid it given electronics and getting beat up + dust and dirt do not play nice.

If I were planning on putting a Teen driver in the car in a year or two I would probably opt for the Eye sight system. As a 40yr old adult with zero accidents who takes driving pretty serious I just see it as something I will probably break after rattling up and down logging roads.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, not going off road, this is more of a car that is easy for me to get in and out of after back surgery and I will probably not be in too much bumper to bumper but you never know. Thanks, I am also (just posted) worried about the longevity of a navigation system in a car I want to keep a long time.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,560 Posts
I've never leased a car, but I wonder if it might not be a good idea for you, that way, you have an 'out' at the end of the lease if you don't care for the system/car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all, very good points...now to investigate the head gasket issues of years ago and see if it is still an issue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts