Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! New here to subaruoutback.org but not new to Subaru. My wife and I currently own 2, an '06 STi and an '02 WRX wagon. We are looking to get a new Outback within the next few month. Will be looking at a 2012 or 2013 Outback 3.6R. I'm here to learn a little bit more about Outbacks and get ready for our next Subaru!

Just for reference here is what we have now.

STi:

WRX:

I look forward to posting pics of our new Outback soon!

-Micah (captain awesome)

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Nice!!! STI!!! - I really enjoyed taking one for a spin fun CAR!

Do some digging on the suspension updates made for the 2013's lot of us are still trying to figure out what Subaru did but they claim 40% reduction in body lean whatever that means compared to the 2010-2012 models. We know that the sway bars are heavier but as a few more suspension savy types have pointed out there has got to be some other stuff happening there besides changes to the sway bars on the 2013.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information! I will definitely ask about that when we go to look at Outbacks in the next few weeks.

The Outback will primarily be my wife's daily driver, but it will definitely take the place of the STi on long trips. I'm getting old and am really looking forward to having a car that actually has a smooth ride!

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...we may be getting our new Outback sooner than I thought. I found one that I really like so were going to look at it this week. I will keep you guys updated!

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pulled the trigger last night and picked this up. 2013 Outback 3.6R Limited in Dark Gray Metallic. We're really happy with it so far!

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am really loving the new Outback! Took a weekend trip from Tulsa to Dallas this weekend. The car was amazing. The ride is so smooth and has enough power for when you need it. We have only owned it since Thursday night and have already put almost 800 miles on it. I can't explain how happy we are with this purchase. So glad to finally have an Outback!

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
That is the best color imo.

Congrats!

Beautiful Hawkeye btw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts