Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i 6MT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! Wife and I just purchased a 2013 OB 2.5i MT. We decided to give up the "good life" with our BMW wagon and get something very basic and rugged. We have a baby on the way and didn't want two delicate creatures in our life that cost a lot of money...jk (kind of). The only thing that was added to the OB was the rear bumper cover, the cargo liner and the auto-dimming mirror. Otherwise as bone stock as you can get. I've read quite a bit through the forums and appreciate the community.

Since purchasing a week ago I've found a Craigslist special Thule Cascade XT cargo carrier, got the OEM dog barrier (able to protect me from my Boxer becoming a projectile), and ordered Weathertech floor liners (we are natives of MN and this is a must). Think I'm set now.

Driving impressions thus far are positive. Definitely not as good of a handler as my last car, but certainly predictable and not sloppy. Given the extra ground clearance and subsequently the center of gravity being much higher I think they did a more than acceptable job of getting it right. My preference in any car is to have a manual transmission especially when the car is designed for economy with a very modest ~170hp / 170lb torque. I've heard many good things about the CVT but want even more control than paddle shifters set at predetermined ratios. The MT works well. I've learned to not downshift past 3rd when coming to a stop. As with any MT not forcing it is key.

Looking forward to being part of the community!
Andrew:)

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
Pictures! Or it didn't happen! ;)

Congrats and welcome to the party! Hope you get many many fun miles out of it.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6L Limited with EyeSight
218 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on a wise purchase.

·
Registered
2019 Bronze Limited
205 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your time here, there is alot of great info!

·
Registered
2014 2.5 Outback Premium CVT 72,000 mi (previous: 2012 OB 2.5 base 6-MT, totaled at 73,532mi)
534 Posts
Welcome! Another MT, well done. Mine took about 1500 miles to really smooth out. The transmission is still a little notchy, esp. cold, but perfectly adequate for the job, in my opinion. Nice CL finds, I had to pay retail for the barrier, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts