Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on Cars101 that Subaru will be offering new radio/phone/internet packages early in 2013:

"11/9/12 Option packages updated to include new Aha radio/phone/internet integration available early 2013. Aha is only available with Navigation packages #18 (Nav, moonroof, aha), #28 (nav moonroof, eyesight, aha), and #35 (Special Appearance package with nav, moonroof, aha). Available early 2013."

Anyone more familiar on what this all means? Will this result in a better Nav unit than many of us have now in our new 2013 OB's? Anyone know of the Aha?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I see on Cars101 that Subaru will be offering new radio/phone/internet packages early in 2013:

"11/9/12 Option packages updated to include new Aha radio/phone/internet integration available early 2013. Aha is only available with Navigation packages #18 (Nav, moonroof, aha), #28 (nav moonroof, eyesight, aha), and #35 (Special Appearance package with nav, moonroof, aha). Available early 2013."

Anyone more familiar on what this all means? Will this result in a better Nav unit than many of us have now in our new 2013 OB's? Anyone know of the Aha?

I can tell you that Aha Radio is an application that lets you choose and organize programming from tons of internet radio, podcasts, etc etc. There are a few other apps that I think also work this way - like Stitcher (someone correct me if Im wrong).
It works off the internet connection I believe.

What I DONT know, is WHAT it is where the car is concerned. I dont know if it is something in the car that needs internet access (therefore a paid service) or if it is even something with actual hardware or just software.
I even asked the guy at the site you mention (Joe) and he wasnt sure either. I dont think it will have anything to do with a GPS navigation function. I believe its just basically a service for organizing (for your listening pleasure) the tons of internet radio programming there is out there.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
But... we can already stream pandora via bluetooth... so what's the point?
If it's truly integrated, you'll be able to view song info and change channels with the car stereo and steering wheel controls. Possibly add some favorites and other settings too.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If it's truly integrated, you'll be able to view song info and change channels with the car stereo and steering wheel controls. Possibly add some favorites and other settings too.
exactly. The "interface" would be on the actual head unit. Again though, I dont know what is physically being "added" - hardware or software - so I am not sure if its something that can be added easily to current 2013 and its just not avail yet - or what.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You already can skip songs with the steering wheel controls. And I've heard they're working on an update for android that will show info via bluetooth from pandora stations. But stuff that's in my song library shows up on the screen.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You already can skip songs with the steering wheel controls. And I've heard they're working on an update for android that will show info via bluetooth from pandora stations. But stuff that's in my song library shows up on the screen.
The phone software is just one part, the hardware in the car needs to be updated too. I would say it will show album artwork, more detailed song info etc. Even if your phone is updated to SEND the info, it doesn't mean the current hardware will receive all of it. They really need to step up their game with stereo technology. Even the new Chevy Sonic has more options..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
vr4Legacy
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing