Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Outback (CDN Touring), Magnetite Gray Metallic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"And he's tradin' in the Fozzie for an Outback-ack-ack-ack...
You oughta know why now"
[my apologies to the Billy Joel fans in here]

Yep, the '10 Forester served me wonderfully, so with the lease being up I was confident I'd be getting one of the new Fourteens... Nope.

With the changes made to the interior, the seating layout no longer worked for my family, which includes a six month old in a baby seat. We took an OB for a test drive, and discovered it met all of our criteria and more. So today, we have a new pearly white friend in the driveway. The CVT will take some getting used to vs the 5MT, though the paddle shifters seem interesting.

Looking forward to the forums!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought a '13 Outback and I do find the CVT to be smooth, not so cluncky sounding as my '01 Forester (which by the way was very reliable). I played around with the manual control paddles of the CVT and I think I will just stop playing with them and enjoy the ride. There are plenty of times i will need the manual controls in snow and ice conditions. Other than that I dont see much use for them.

I do spend an inordinate amount of time looking at my MPG dial. Ive got to get out of that habit.

·
Registered
'20 Outback (CDN Touring), Magnetite Gray Metallic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"And he's tradin' in the Fozzie for an Outback-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack...
You oughta know why now"
[my apologies to the Billy Joel fans in here]
I posted this in March 2010, and I am doing it again! After owning a Forester, then trading for a new Outback, then a new Forester, our lease is up and.. yes, it's OBvious.. 2020 Touring (aka the US Premium edition). The ride is soo much nicer than the Forester, and the lease payments are considerably lower as well..

Looking forward to (once again) perusing and contributing to the forums!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts