Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Premium, Crystal Black Silica, Pkg 15
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cars101 site seems to suggest that there are new OEM all weather floor liners for the 18 OB. I'm not sure if they're also usable in the Legacy as that model hasn't been updated on the site since 2016 MY.

Anyone have these, has seen these, or has a part number to cross reference? I was going to drop the $150 or so on Husky liners but I'd be curious to see what the OEM ones come in at.

Source:

2018 Outback specs, options, colors, prices, photos, and more

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R, Dark Blue Pearl
14 Posts
I've got an 18 Outback and the OEM all weather floor liners.

They are about 27 inches long, 17 wide at the seat end, and angled to fit the floor, narrowing gradually along the way.

They do not have a very deep lip, about 1/4" at the deepest by the seat and shallower the farther into the footwell it goes down to maybe 1/16" as it goes up under the dash.

"J501SAL400 Outback/Legacy FP >TPE< 1564" is written on the bottom.

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
683 Posts
Save your money and get WeatherTech or Husky. Our 18' came with WeatherTech's. BIG improvement over the OEM's in the 16'.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,074 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R, Dark Blue Pearl
14 Posts
@hallux Interesting, thanks! I assumed if they were new for the 18 OB I'd have had them in my brand new OB since I paid for all weather liners! Silly me :)

·
Registered
2015 2.5 Limited; 2018 3.6 Limited
27 Posts
@unclear - these are the mats you have. https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-outback-rubber-mats-p-3732.html
These are the new mats the OP was asking about. https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-outback-weather-floor-liners-p-4624.html

As you can see, no pics of them from that dealer yet. There was another thread started asking a similar question as the OP, nobody had info there either.
We just picked up our 2018 on Saturday and received the useless OEM all weather mats, and were told that the new floor liners will not ship for a few weeks still. Our sales guy was wondering weather Subaru had contracted with WeatherTech to have these made with a Subaru badge on them. Will be interesting to see ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I read this a little late. Ebay had their $15 off $75 coupon today and used it to buy a set of Husky weather for my ordered Outback. Seems we will just have to wait and see if the new OEM mats are a big improvement over the current. Hope there will be pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read this a little late. Ebay had their $15 off $75 coupon today and used it to buy a set of Husky weather for my ordered Outback. Seems we will just have to wait and see if the new OEM mats are a big improvement over the current. Hope there will be pictures soon.
I like the Husky ones because they have a lifetime warranty. I reached out to a few contacts and they all seem to agree they will be available for:

Crosstrek
Legacy
Outback

Starting December 2017.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like the Husky ones because they have a lifetime warranty. I reached out to a few contacts and they all seem to agree they will be available for:

Crosstrek
Legacy
Outback

Starting December 2017.
I went with Husky due to the lifetime warranty. Although, as someone stated if the new mats end up being made by Weathertech that could be a big difference. I still got a month before I pick up my Outback, hopefully I will find an Ambassador coupon by then and if I do I might pick up the new OEM mats if they are better then the current.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Glad to see a pic of the new mats, was thinking they were going to cover more area. Happy I got my Husky's. Got them off eBay for $105 (did best offer at $120 and waited until they had one of those $15 off $75 eBay coupons) and received them in two days; even though I am still waiting on my order.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice. Yeah I would have liked to see them extend under the accelerator and deadpedal. all the stuff on my boots will run down the dp.

I haven’t used husky or wt. I imagine they are the firm plastic. I liked the idea of the liners because the OEM ones have a little give to them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Winter Protection

I agree that the new "floor liners" are worthless.

It sounded like Subaru was really going to step up to the plate and create an OEM product to compete with Husky and Weathertech liners, but that is not the case. The new liners are just a way to squeeze more money from buyers and don't even come close to the coverage from the aftermarket vendors. Disappointing to say the least...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts