Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Need some advice. I had three keys with by 2006 Outback, but when I picked up my new 2017 last week the dealer only gave me 1 working key. The second one wasn't even to my car--- maybe for another car in the lot? And, no valet key. I have called three times but my sales guy hasn't given me any suitable response - saying he'd get back to me. Isn't this a major security thing? What would be the fastest way to get my keys? Is this commonplace?

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,569 Posts
I have called three times but my sales guy hasn't given me any suitable response - saying he'd get back to me.
Then you need to work your way up the chain, as this guy clearly has other priorities. Ask to speak to the owner; that should get their attention.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If your 2017 is brand new, then yes you should work your way up for a key. If it's a used/CPO/ etc the typically only guarantee 1 key, so if that's the case you'll have to buy a spare. My 2015 was CPO and I only got one. My Former 13 crosstrek was Also CPO from the same dealer and I got all 3 keys. So it's really just what the previous owner turns in.

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
1,140 Posts
If your 2017 is brand new, then yes you should work your way up for a key. If it's a used/CPO/ etc the typically only guarantee 1 key, so if that's the case you'll have to buy a spare. My 2015 was CPO and I only got one. My Former 13 crosstrek was Also CPO from the same dealer and I got all 3 keys. So it's really just what the previous owner turns in.
To qualify for a CPO the car has to have all the keys and the key ID tag! It's on the CPO checklist!

·
Registered
65 Posts
To qualify for a CPO the car has to have all the keys and the key ID tag! It's on the CPO checklist!
Crapsticks.

This is the last nail in the coffin of me using that dealer I believe. I freaking called and asked about the key. And yet I had to pay to have one cut. Nothing to do about it now of course 8 months later. But...

I just dug out my CPO checklist, whoever did it literally checked the "no" box for everything. On top of that, they marked the same for 2 sets of keys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts