Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Outback Commercial

Just saw it right now, very interesting way they are advertising the new Outback. Very well done commercial that grabs you and makes you think. Its the only one out right now AFAIK so you shouldn't be confused if you have seen a new Outback commercial.

Anyway it shows the new Outback then it driving, a Subaru office, Driving more, and then Lance Armstrong at the end. Its showing people in their daily wear and then a ghost figure jumps from them dressed in what they do otherwise. Like for Lance it shows him in a nice black outfit then his ghost in his bike riding gear. If I'm not making enough sense (say it ain't so :crazyeye: ) you'll probably see it soon enough anyway :D

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Yes, Hero... I had seen that same commercial this AM also. Nicely done. Subaru has a real nice lineup now. Brian

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
I haven't seen the Outback com.yet but I did see the Forester XT com. today and it was awesome. It promoted a very positive image of the car and the company. It was on the weather channel, AFAIK Subaru invests more money in advertising on that channel than on any other, and rightfully so, talk about a target audience!

·
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FMGreen said:
It was on the weather channel, AFAIK Subaru invests more money in advertising on that channel than on any other, and rightfully so, talk about a target audience!
Very fitting and smart marketing, almost comical to us revered Outbackers :D

Well I've only seen the commericals on Fox News, CNN, Headline News, & MSNBC at work. Oh yeah, thats the only TV I get to watch anymore :p

·
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just saw another new Outback commercial, it had one LL Bean and one XT. Both where the white/granite color combo. And **** was it aggressive! :eek: They said something like, "It has the body of a car with the soul of an SUV, with a beautiful new body..." It was a really hot commercial! :D

I can't see why someone who sees a commercial like that wouldn't be intrigued, well done Subaru! Keep up the good work :29:

·
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MORE NEW SUBARU COMMERCIALS!!!

Guys I am totally flipping out on a daily basis! :jump3:

Just now today I saw another new Subaru commercial and **** was it sweet! It primarily showed off the Outback (XT) and Legacy GT although it included everything else in the line as well. It was a very cool, well done commercial :29:

****, I just can't get enough of Subaru's new ad campaign :4: Especially when they put out a new (awesome) commercial so often to follow the last. They're doing it good and doing it the right way, a good example to follow by ;)

·
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, Headline News, and a few others. At work we have all those news channels playing 24/7 on 4 different flatscreen TV's as well as multiple projectors so we see everything thats being reported at all times. Subaru is constantly playing commercials on those channels and I ALWAYS get to see the newest commercials right when they come out usually early in the morning here in the U.S. They are being played more moderately on other channels though.

·
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here I am a week later to report that Subaru has YET ANOTHER new Outback commercial. Mind you though it isn't as flashy and inspiring as the latter few. Still, are they seriously going to come out with a new commercial every week?!? How long is this going to last?

Don't get me wrong though its no bad thing by any means :D

·
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Baja Turbo said:
Have you seen the new WRX commerical,at the begining the car is spinning around on a G force machine.(i guess that is what you call it):eek:Still no Baja commericals:(
I just saw that one, very neat and original! I do think that Subaru needs to show of the new Crystal Grey color instead of the silver color they always do on the WRX. CG is such a cool color! :17:

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
boring!

I liked last years commercials of the outbacks offroad gets me pumped! As a mtn biker myself seeing lance and friends shredding in the mud is kewl!

·
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thread revived! :D

Recently I saw another new Outback commercial, and it was flippin' sweet!!! :18:

It showed a few different Outbacks driving on snowy roads, muddy roads, etc (generally roads under bad conditions ;) ) and then said something at the end about the Outback being the perfect vehicle for any road. I don't really care what they had to say although their speach was good for advertising, but the action shots are what I've been craving to see in an Outback commercial or general advertisement.

Well done Subaru, keep'em comin'! :D

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
I've been watching "The Weather Channel" for the past twenty minutes (yeah, I admit it, I'm really exciting), and I just saw the third Subaru ad touting the 1.9% financing and so on. It seemed that this series of ads was all directed at the LLBean set--fake woodsy, hiking in clothing no one would ever hike in, etc. In short, neither memorable nor distinct really from the series of Honda "nature" ads from last year.

None were of the gritty Subaru cutting through snow and water and dirt roads.

I wonder if this signals yet another change in Subaru's marketing strategy towards the "suburban" set or is it just for the duration of the special financing?

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
The_Lizard said:
Wasn't there one where the woman driver doesn't let the guy wear his muddy boots inside her car?
Indeed, that was the last of the three ads and the one that prompted me to question SOA's "Honda-like-suburbia-pseudo outdoorswoman/man" marketing strategy. I mean, give me a break.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Get over it people. Commercials are not real. Hollywood is not real. Ever try watching a movie involving sports? What a joke! (Except for Slap Shot. That was just straight up funny as all get out)
Reality does not sell. Reality TV, however, does sell. Nobody on TV gives a hoot about real outdoors people. They do what they do regardless of what they see on TV. It's the other 98% of the population that all commercials are aimed at. Although you can't go into a Subaru dealer's showroom without hearing about their customer loyalty, they could give a rats ass about appeasing the customers they already have (Subaru knows they'll be back), They're only concern is to sell to an ever expanding base. The fringe wannabies who dream of the outdoors without ever stepping foot into it.
So be prepared for more of the same.

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
nedro said:
Get over it people. Commercials are not real. Hollywood is not real. Ever try watching a movie involving sports? What a joke! (Except for Slap Shot. That was just straight up funny as all get out)
Reality does not sell. Reality TV, however, does sell. Nobody on TV gives a hoot about real outdoors people. They do what they do regardless of what they see on TV. It's the other 98% of the population that all commercials are aimed at. Although you can't go into a Subaru dealer's showroom without hearing about their customer loyalty, they could give a rats ass about appeasing the customers they already have (Subaru knows they'll be back), They're only concern is to sell to an ever expanding base. The fringe wannabies who dream of the outdoors without ever stepping foot into it.
So be prepared for more of the same.
You're right, of course. Buying is just like voting, and selling is just like campaigning: it's success is based on illusions that appeal to idiots and alienate the other 2% (most of whom I'm sure are members of this board).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Let's look at it this way. All of us who consider ourselves "real" Outdoorsmen/women on this board already have a subaru, correct? It's a pretty well known fact that subarus appeal to this kind of person. SO, how much marketing to they need to do to us? We already own subarus, and most of us would buy another in a heartbeat. We're not the ones that need the advertising to.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
10 Participants
Mudge
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing