Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Twilight Blue Metallic Outback 2.5i Limited CVT w/Moonroof
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks like the place for introductions, so here it goes. I'll use this post to provide some background for me and to see how my profile shows up when I post so I can start tweaking things.

I purchased my first Subaru ever today, a 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited. I'm in my early 30s, just completed law school, and will be starting with the Air Force in January. My wife and I have been living in Atlanta for the past 4.5 years, and we have only needed one car here, a 2008 Nissan Sentra. With the moves in our future - including the first one to Omaha, NE in April - we knew we needed a second car, and something with AWD and more room. We also wanted something that wouldn't be horrible on gas.

I was pretty shocked at the value the Outback seemed to be. Just doing some online research, I had narrowed my choices down to a CR-V and the Outback. After finding out more about the AWD systems and driving both, it wasn't even close. I was quite disappointed with the CR-V considering my past experiences riding in them and how many people seem to like them, but the two cars felt like they were in entirely different classes.

It's been years since I've been anything approaching a "car guy," but this site looks like a great place to get caught up. I appreciate the work the mods/admins/owners have done in setting this up and the contributions all the members have made.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! I am also a recent first-time Subaru purchaser and felt the same way as you after doing the research; in it's class, the Outback is leagues ahead of the competition and an amazing value.

Welcome to the forum and Subaru club!

·
Registered
'05 Subaru Outback XT
27 Posts
Congrats! 1st time Subaru owner, as well. Nothing but great experiences.
Lots of helpful comments and sources here.
Seeing a lot more Subies here in SC. (Your model Outback, especially)
I think the word is out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts