Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just picked up my new Outback today. Well new to me at least. It is an 01 Outback LL Bean Edition with the H6 motor. I bought it on Ebay unseen and never drove it and never even drove an Outback before, just went off pure need for a new vehicle that is better suited to handle the weather in No New Jersey, and other Subaru owners sharing sentiments about their cars.

We just moved here from California, and we were in for a rude awakening. It was perfect timing to pick it up today, and the drive home sucked (for everyone else on the road) with all that snow we are getting hit with, but i swear i was smiling and grinning the whole way. I mean i have driven front drivers in snow since growing up in Massachusetts, and my other vehicle is a 4x4 Yukon, and driving my new Outback is like nothing i have ever experienced in the snow. I can't wait to go out and play tomorrow, we are supposed to get up to 2 feet. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I can't imagine ever going back to anything less for living in this part of the country.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Excellent!

Welcome to the boards! Make yourself comfy and enjoy the discussions. Just about any question you might have has probably already been answered, so do a board search anytime you need to. If you find no answers there, make a new thread and I'm positive someone here will quickly give you all the answers you're looking for!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Outbacks!

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Congrats Aristoi! And welcome to the world of AWD. I'm in Eastern Canada, so we all about driving Subies in the snow here!

I picked up my Outback XT lin the fall and haven't stopped smiling ever since.:p Makes the car uncomfortable on long trips, my face muscles hurt after a couple of hours! :D

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
Yeah. Welcome Aristoi! We got a great site going here. Thanks for joining and don't be shy!

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
"Brilliant" Should be a good car for you. Snow is now fun with a Subaru, it's funny how driving confidence goes up with the purchase of a Subaru. Brian

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome!!! I have lots of reading to catch up on this site, and a few questions. The problem and maintenance section, is that for all Outbacks? Where should my questions be pointed there (more activity) or the 6-cylinder area (less activity but more specific to my car).

Mainly i just want to know where i can get my hands on an owners manual and service manual. My car just came with 1 key and 1 remote transmiter. I do all my own maintainance, and want to start right away. Also wanted to know if there were any major problems with the 01 H6 motor. I don't beleive the head gasket problem was contagious to this motor was it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Aristoi
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing