Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We purchased a 2012 Outback today. I have owned a 2000 Impreza and a 2004 Forester XT. Although not as fast, it is a huge improvement to my foz in terms of the trim quality and space. This is our new family car and my foz is being retired to be a fun project car for myself. I hope to learn all about the Outback through the community and make some more subie friends. :D

Here is my foz. I will take some pictures of the Outback soon.

Cheers,
John

·
Super Moderator
12,108 Posts
Howdy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The same night when we brought the car home, the wife asked if we can lower the car. She said "the butt is sticking up too high".

Well, not even a week into owning the car, this is the damage to our wallets.

The parts are scheduled to go in this weekend!

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
What suspension is that from for the 2012?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are from a 2010 WRX hatch. For $100, I am willing to give it a shot. The curb weight is only 50kg less than the Outback. So hopefully the drop won't be too aggressive and I don't need to source some saggy butt spacers. The two sets of sway bars are from STIs of different years. I am debating on which one to put on.

Anyways, here are some pictures I took today.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I had some time last night to tackle the suspension. This is how it looks with the suspension installed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
how has the ride been? is the springs softer in the rear end? I'm about to put Legacy springs on my Outback and I've heard the rear springs are softer on the Legacy.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
how has the ride been? is the springs softer in the rear end? I'm about to put Legacy springs on my Outback and I've heard the rear springs are softer on the Legacy.
Pretty sure every wagon ever built has stiffer springs on the rear compared to the sedan twin. Guessing weight differences between sedan and wagon and the expected use of the wagon vs sedan. Not sure if the more flexible Wagon body plays into the stiffer springs or not?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wonder how it would change the ride with softer springs. I do have the bigger RSB installed. I guess there is only one way to find out. :D

Pretty sure every wagon ever built has stiffer springs on the rear compared to the sedan twin. Guessing weight differences between sedan and wagon and the expected use of the wagon vs sedan. Not sure if the more flexible Wagon body plays into the stiffer springs or not?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
kingluke
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing