Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2013 Outback last week. It's a 2.5 Premium with the AWP,and Pop #3. It replaced my wife's BMW and she is now driving my 2012 TDI JSW. I've owned 3 Audi's, and 3 toyota trucks and this is by far my favorite vehicle. I'm actually obsessed with it. I surf/skate/snowboard a lot and needed something that was more affordable than the BMW and able to fit my family in comfortably. After only 400 miles I'm really impressed. Coming from driving my JSW which we still own and is a great car, the room on this thing is amazing. I'm 6'5" and fit comfortably and can fit my son and all of my gear in here no problem. The Outback feels a lot bigger than my JSW, but drives excellent and I just love the feel of the AWD that I was missing from my Audi's. I hope to have this car a long time and look forward to learning more about Subaru's on here.

photo 1 by timjohnson414, on Flickr

photo 2 by timjohnson414, on Flickr

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
glad you like it. i like the front end, actually everything except those hideous wheels on the '13s much better than the '10-'12 model. should last you a very long time. don't be afraid to have fun with it, what sane people would refer to as "abuse" usually has little effect on a subaru. now get some wheel arch moldings, the car looks so awful without them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
glad you like it. i like the front end, actually everything except those hideous wheels on the '13s much better than the '10-'12 model. should last you a very long time. don't be afraid to have fun with it, what sane people would refer to as "abuse" usually has little effect on a subaru. now get some wheel arch moldings, the car looks so awful without them.
I will already be taking it down to Baja in a few weeks and can't wait ! Yeah, wheels are a little off, but will probably just powder coat them. Wheel arch moldings are definitely needed since the car looks incomplete without them.

Stoked to put some more miles on it and let her see some dirt !

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Congrats on your new OB Tim!

That JSW TDI is a great car too, I looked at one last year and loved it. I'm 6'3 and agree with you, the Outback is a great fit. I've owned over 50 vehicles, including many German brands, and my Outback is also my favorite car ever :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Congrats, I don't like silver but I like it on the '13 Outback. I must be the only one who loathes the look of the arch mouldings. I've had my 2011 2.5i for more than two years, have off-roaded it extensively, it goes into the battle ground known as the big city daily on my wife's commute and work and there is no damage yet to the wheel arch area. To me they just look "tacked- on" or aftermarket. I already wish we had the painted two- tone options like back in '05-'09 instead of the cheap, easily scuffed, chipped and fading black plastic stuff that makes up the lower half of the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys ! Just got back from a snowboard trip and hoping to drive my outback out there next week on my next snow trip. Can't wait, and I saw lots of outbacks in mammoth this weekend !

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium PZEV CVT
18 Posts
Congrats!

Congrats! I just got mine, too - it finally got delivered last Friday. I was considering a Jetta Sportwagen TDI too - 42mpg is pretty compelling. But I went with the Outback. I'm 6'4" and I can set the driver seat to my liking, and then get in the back seat behind it and my knees don't touch!

I got the 2.5 Premium with cold weather pkg, remote start, and the rear bumper cover. I just took it on a gig Saturday and packed my bass guitars, amp, and stuff, plus the drummer and his drum kit, and had room to spare. Ran my iPod through the center console USB port and had great tunes for the 80-mile drive each way.

My first Subie and it's a total musician's dream. It's sort of the 21st Century equivalent of the old Volvo 240dl Wagon that all bass players know and love - all the room but much more capable (Ski gigs in Mammoth? No problem). I love it!

-James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts