Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am new to these forums but have been following them for a while. I just got my first Subaru! It is a 2021 Outback XT Onyx Edition in Magnetite Grey. I am loving this color! It is the first time I have had a dark grey car and I am in love with the way it looks in the sun. The car itself is great so far, I am behaving myself letting all of the parts break-in, but I can't wait to feel the full power of the 2.4LT. :) Here are some photos taken randomly since picking her up on Tuesday. Next up is the front windows tinted Monday, eventually will most likely get the paint ceramically coated, also can't wait to hit up some light duty trails or go camping. Overall loving the entire car and the versatility it offers so far!

BTW, I highly recommend Gabriel at Subaru of Sherman Oaks, he was so professional from start to finish and worked to get me the best deal possible. He was also so patient with me as I went back and forth on color choices and different Subies. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
8,259 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Likewise, I'm fond of that color, although mine goes three generations back - a testament to its longevity, I suppose.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited
202 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is a pretty darn good one and I think You'll enjoy it. Nice car by the way, same color as my 2.5 Limited.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congratulations!! Magnetite Grey was a very close second choice to my Autumn Green. It was so close that even when I arrived at the dealership to pick mine up this past Saturday, I saw the Magnetite Grey Onyx that I had test driven still on the lot and for a hot second, I started thinking, "Man, that's a sharp car! Do I really want the green one?" Ultimately, I stuck with my gut and bought the Autumn Green one, but it was super close! Best of luck with your new car!

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Welcome to the community. First mod: install your AutoStop Eliminator :)

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Unnecessary on a 2021 model 😊
Is that not a thing anymore? I've just started to look at the '21 Touring XT, of course the feature list only says that S/S exists. Can it be permanently disabled or only on a "per start" basis?

·
Registered
2021 Outback Limited 2.5
153 Posts
Is that not a thing anymore? I've just started to look at the '21 Touring XT, of course the feature list only says that S/S exists. Can it be permanently disabled or only on a "per start" basis?
It’s still a “per key cycle” thing. I think Kevin’s statement may be because the latest software update moved the start/stop button to the Home Screen so that it’s always just one touch no matter what page you have up. Still have to touch it after the key cycle if you don’t want it active. This update is being rolled out as a recall, so it’s available to all Gen 6 owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Edition, Storm Trooper White
474 Posts
You can get an aftermarket kit that you can disable S/S on a more "permament" basis but you have to do some panel pulling around Eyesight area. @SilverOnyx can fill you in, I think he installed it into his Onyx. Or you can search for that kit here.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
It’s still a “per key cycle” thing. I think Kevin’s statement may be because the latest software update moved the start/stop button to the Home Screen so that it’s always just one touch no matter what page you have up. Still have to touch it after the key cycle if you don’t want it active. This update is being rolled out as a recall, so it’s available to all Gen 6 owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Edition, Storm Trooper White
474 Posts
BTW, I highly recommend Gabriel at Subaru of Sherman Oaks, he was so professional from start to finish and worked to get me the best deal possible. He was also so patient with me as I went back and forth on color choices and different Subies. Thanks!
Hey, thats where I got my Onyx as well in 2020. Great place to buy from and also their service is stellar. 1 hr for a 12K service including car wash. If you have some serious issues, like I do at this very moment with my head unit and in the past with the TPMS , they are pretty good in keeping you up to date.

& welcome to the forum. It's a fun place to be and if you have Qs, ask away.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
You can get an aftermarket kit that you can disable S/S on a more "permament" basis but you have to do some panel pulling around Eyesight area. @SilverOnyx can fill you in, I think he installed it into his Onyx. Or you can search for that kit here.
Cool, thanks. I've been known to pull a panel or two, I have a money pit er, uh, a truck and I'm a serial Wrangler modder... 😎

·
Read Only
2018 Outback Limited 2.5
0 Posts
Hey all, I am new to these forums but have been following them for a while. I just got my first Subaru! It is a 2021 Outback XT Onyx Edition in Magnetite Grey. I am loving this color! It is the first time I have had a dark grey car and I am in love with the way it looks in the sun. The car itself is great so far, I am behaving myself letting all of the parts break-in, but I can't wait to feel the full power of the 2.4LT. :) Here are some photos taken randomly since picking her up on Tuesday. Next up is the front windows tinted Monday, eventually will most likely get the paint ceramically coated, also can't wait to hit up some light duty trails or go camping. Overall loving the entire car and the versatility it offers so far!

View attachment 503223
Stunning Outback my friend! Welcome to the insanity 😂

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx XT - Autumn Green
114 Posts
Welcome to the crew! just don't get too carried away with the mods! You'll be spending a ton before you know it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the warm welcome. She has been named Cyclone and it has stuck. Need to get these front windows tinted ASAP. I'm really loving this car.

I will say I am disappointed with one aspect, after driving for a week, a rolling noise started to emit from the sunroof. I started poking around and low and behold found a loose screw & washer rolling around in the sunroof casette area just under the headliner. I was able to get it out but not knowing where it went to, I dropped the vehicle off at the dealer. While it was there I asked if they could check out the tailgate gap that seemed to be larger on the passenger side vs the driver. They had my vehicle for 4 days, offered me a loaner which was cool, but in the end came back to tell me that my hatch appears to be within spec. Meanwhile, what they don't know is that via the MySubaru app, I tracked my vehicle while it was in service and it was at their bodyshop down the street from the dealer for at least a day and a half. They definitely tried to adjust it and ended up making it look worse. I'm mostly not happy that A) I wasn't communicated with that they had attempted to adjust it and then decided to tell me was in spec "by looking at 3 other 2021 Outbacks all with varying hatch gaps" and also how long it took to install a loose screw (see attached photo for location), and attempt to adjust the hatchback gap. My reputible bodyshop did it within a few hours and I am happy with the outcome. Vehicle was returned to me without being washed and paint pen still on the windshield. After that experience, my first service will be done at a different dealer. And will definitely be talking to SoA about their product loosing a screw straight from the factory- but hey, things happen and I am back to enjoying my new Subie.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Hmm, that definitely doesn’t seem right. For what it’s worth, my local Subaru dealer is like 3-4 miles away, but I choose to drive to the one about 20 miles away because of the quality of service experience as well as timeliness of service.

There are good dealer service departments out there, but it did take some legwork on my part to get there - I went to 2 other dealers before I settled on the one we use now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts