Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Outback Premier 2.5
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 2018 premier (touring in US) 2.5l couple days ago. I have to say, it's quite an improvement from my 2011 ltd, which towards the end acquired some electronic gremlins. I know this will garner a communal sigh but purchased the car without test driving it. Dealer had none to test but after all research it felt to me as it was the best available choice in the price range. All reviews indicated that it was an improvement on all fronts on previous generation outback.
Few things I noticed over last couple days. Listing them in no particular order:

1. It is quieter than my 2011
  2. Fit and finish seems to be on par or better. Love my brown seats, we shall see if they will stay worry free as my black ones had.
  3. Seats seem shorter in thigh area with more prominent bolster support. Even my wife commented on their size and she's barely 5' tall. Hopefully they'll wear in nicely with time?
  4. So far no issues with my display. Big improvement on the cold era stereo system that was installed in my 2011. Audio and bluetooth connected phone sounds better and much clearer.
  5. Little bummed out with remote starter controller. Wish it could've been implemented within the standard fob.
  6. Eyesight...I hope it works properly. Since I haven't taken the car on longer drive, I have not tested the functionality of ACC or lane keep assist. Lane sway warning worked most of the times as I tested it on empty road. However I'm not certain of auto breaking system. It's never beeped at me or indicated anything on my display even though I thought I pushed the car to limit before breaking.
Btw, thank you all for all the topics that kept me 'entertained' as I awaited my new car delivery. I have few items on my to do list and I know this community will help me when I get stuck. Thank you all again and keep doing what you doing!

·
Registered
2010 Outback, 2018Outback 2.5 Premium
39 Posts
You kind of don't want to find out about auto braking. A 'safe' way to notice it is to go a little deeper into following someone who is turning off to your right. They often slow for something in their path and you will probably swing around to your left, but if you don't slow quickly enough or swing around you may get a panic beeping from the sensor and if you don't swing far enough to the left, it will apply the brakes. It does clear your sinuses because we are talking about closing rates and distances that are minimal. I would never want to depend on it, but sometimes people do slam on brakes for no reason and if you are too close this might save you a crash. Remember, it does not work if your foot is on the brake. In that case the car expects you to be in control.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts