Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. This will be the first Subaru I've owned. Just bought a 99 Legacy Outback limited 30Th anniversary edition for $500 from my work. Runs and drives good. Looking for any tips on cool upgrades or cool tricks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a question. I haven't had to to really look at the engine. I took a quick look at it and only seen four plug wires. The engine emissions tag said 2.5. I seen on the Internet that the 2.5 is a V6. Did I just not see the two extra plug wires ? Little confused.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,223 Posts
No replays ? Your a real friendly bunch.

I dont know what you mean by replays...But we are not really a "bunch" - just a lot of individuals that look here at all different times and frequencies - like any forum. I mean, its not like you are being ignored cause you are not part of a "group". Im assuming that is, your friendly bunch comment was sarcastic.

Sometimes it takes a few days to get a response - all depends on if anyone HAS a response.

I personally dont have any response to your post thats all - dont know of any cool tricks or add ons. Your car looks great though and to hear it runs good and you got it so cheap is fantastic.

Good luck with it.

Cheers

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts
I seen on the Internet that the 2.5 is a V6.
I seen on TheInternets that the 2.5 is a radial 18 with two spark
plugs per cylinder, and that each plug wire fires nine of 'em...

...and TheInternets never lie,

Looby

·
Registered
2002 legacy l with 227k, 2005 honda pilot ex-l
72 Posts
sarcasm. thats all forums..its reeeealy bad on honda ones...you just have to take it with a grain of salt.
what part of de are you from? im outta wilmington, with the same exact car (at least it was before i started messing with it!) i went the lifted direction with my outback, with a camo paintjob, and some other small mods.. some people go the opposite route and lower it for handling, so youve got lots of options, depending on what youre looking to do with the car.
the car is a 4 cyl., so you werent seeing things..the spark plugs are down on the sides by the frame rails..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts