Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R - Graphite Grey
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Said farewell to me trusty 2005 Saab 9-2x Linear and picked up a new 2013 Outback 3.6R Base. Love it, love it, love it. Only 9 more months till snow!

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There are few of us 3.6R base model owners. I love mine-a perfect work car. I use my phone for nav, and it works great-regular google updates at no cost to me. Love the ability to pass and merge with the larger engine. I've only had mine 2 weeks, and averaged 17.8 mpg on first fill up. All city driving with multiple starts and stops due to my job as well as long idle times. Used the remote start 3 times to test the range, and it has worked perfectly at long ranges. (will be great when the triple digit temps begin!
Hope you enjoy yours as well. What color did you get? Post pix:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally decided to get the 3.6R about a week after Subaru stopped taking orders for the 2013's! Lots of dealers had 40 or 50 Outbacks and only 1 or 2 of the 3.6R Limited. Or none at all. As for the base model, there was a blue one in Indiana, a red one in NY, and I got the Graphite Grey one in MD.

I managed to get 25.8 mpg on the drive home, from Baltimore to the Pittsburgh area, but that was being very light on the gas. Its nice having the extra power when you need it.

I may have to give that remote start some thought. Nice to have in the single digit temps, too!

Will post pics later this week.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Said farewell to me trusty 2005 Saab 9-2x Linear and picked up a new 2013 Outback 3.6R Base. Love it, love it, love it. Only 9 more months till snow!
Come on up to Western MA! We've still got plenty of snow!

Congratulations and good choice with the 3.6R! The 9-2x is a bit of a rare bird, don't see too many of them around here.

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
I finally decided to get the 3.6R about a week after Subaru stopped taking orders for the 2013's! Lots of dealers had 40 or 50 Outbacks and only 1 or 2 of the 3.6R Limited. Or none at all. As for the base model, there was a blue one in Indiana, a red one in NY, and I got the Graphite Grey one in MD.

I managed to get 25.8 mpg on the drive home, from Baltimore to the Pittsburgh area, but that was being very light on the gas. Its nice having the extra power when you need it.

I may have to give that remote start some thought. Nice to have in the single digit temps, too!

Will post pics later this week.
Congrats on the new car.. Welcome to subiland.. You mentioned Baltimore..We got our '13 SAP Outback Limited in Brilliant brown Pearl from Russel Subaru.. Is that who you got your's from??

If so great dealer.. Bobby Haag was the guy we dealt with..

Good luck..

Steve
Bethlehem, Pa.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
So in truth, this is your second Subaru. The other one just had a Saab badge on it. I think you'll be right at home.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So in truth, this is your second Subaru. The other one just had a Saab badge on it. I think you'll be right at home.
Yep, the 9-2x was a fun little car. Rain, snow or sand, it was darn near unstoppable. I'm still getting used to the size of the big Outback. On the plus side, no more going to bewildered GM dealers or using pirated VIN numbers at the Subaru dealer to get parts.

I got the car at Valley Motors / Hunt Valley. They had a good day this Saturday - there were four of us buying cars at closing time. I think the last two of us got out of there at 7:00pm. Good service and I got the price I wanted.

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R Limited
352 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Seems like ownership of the 3.6R is picking up around here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts