Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I just purchased two 2017 (wilderness green) Outback base models. His and her matching cars.
We love our cars. However I do have 3 questions.

I notice that our infotainment is a bit buggy in the Bluetooth area. It locks up or at times will not connect to the ipod.

1) Is there a firmware update available for infotainment?
2) Can someone post a direct link to the firmware download site?
3) How do I check the current firmware version in my infotainment system?

·
Registered
2017 OB 2.5 Premium w/ES 2002 2.5 OB 142k mi
301 Posts
The wife and I just purchased two 2017 (wilderness green) Outback base models. His and her matching cars.

I notice that our infotainment is a bit buggy in the Bluetooth area. It locks up or at times will not connect to the ipod.

THere was a discussion of this the other day. Search is your friend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Bryan, I know it is not related to your question but how much did you pay for your OBs? I am looking into buying a 17 OB and would love to see what someone has paid in the past few days.

But to answer your question there might be a firmware update but I doubt it just because how new your car is but here is a pretty simple guide on how to check and update the firmware. I would suggest checking yourself and have the dealer do the update.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Limited Titanium
490 Posts
My wife and I did the same except both are 2016 and hers is the Legacy and mine is the OB. I did both upgrades at the same time no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Acura TSX
27 Posts
Love these "his and her" matching stories! We are ordering 1 new Outback and it's for her. I need to work on my sales skills! :)

·
Registered
2015 Carbide Gray Outback 3.6R with EyeSight
176 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback Premium w/ES+PP4
286 Posts
Did you ever hear of spreading your risk? Much as I like my OB I'd never own two of any car at the same time. For one thing, love can easily turn to hate, and in your case a swap would not solve that problem! I'm guessing you're young and a pair of matching puppies is next on your shopping list. :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Omg

You are smart my friend. Matching vehicles....if yours gets a ding, you can secretly swap and blame her for it.........GENIOUS!! JK...congrats!!:wink2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts