Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new-to-me 2001 subaru outback limited sedan. I was told upon purchase it was leaking atf bad out of the power steering boots but upon checking it myself I saw that the leak wasn't bad at all and boots were dry it just seemed like the atf was coming from a connector(I'll add photo of the connector where its leaking) so I'm gonna replace the lines and hope that solves the problem so I don't have to spend 180 on a new steering rack. Now my question is where should I buy the lines? I'd like for it to come with all the connectors I need and if you could drop a link that would be cool
20191114_114612.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
If you are handy, you can purchase "Nickle/Copper" metal piping, bend into shape and replace the leakers.
You can even replace portions of the line using compression-fitings. There are many Utube videos showing how to bend and connect the piping.
I like using the "Nickle/Copper" metal piping because it is easy to bend and lasts the life of the vehicle (impervious to corrosion)

If you prefer "ready to install" pipes.... the OEM Subaru components are the ONLY source.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts