Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought new plugs and wires. NGK Wires, and NGK Irridium plugs. Before installing the irridium plugs i'm going to use some cheap $1 plugs to gauge if I'm still burning oil or not.

After that I am looking for suggestions on spark gap. I usually run premium, but what would you guys suggest for regular, and premium?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
I bought new plugs and wires. NGK Wires, and NGK Irridium plugs. Before installing the irridium plugs i'm going to use some cheap $1 plugs to gauge if I'm still burning oil or not.

After that I am looking for suggestions on spark gap. I usually run premium, but what would you guys suggest for regular, and premium?

Thanks,
Dave

I'm pretty sure your plugs will come pre-gapped. But, if you DO intend to alter the gap - be aware it is EXTREMELY easy to destroy the tiny iridium tip on the electrode.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I agree, the two times I purchased those plugs, once at the dealer-parts dept and once at the automotive store, they both told me that the plugs are "pre-gapped."

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
My plugs were pre-gapped but way off. I regapped to the number under the hood.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought they might come pre-gapped, but I know with my motorcycle for instance I always gap them to a different specification based on other riders recommendations. Wasn't sure if that was common here or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
98Scooby
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing