Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering about the "# new posts" information I see when I go to the board's home page - frequently this list will include posts that I have already read. I may see them listed again on several more visits, then they're gone. Sometimes they're off the list after I've simply viewed the thread. So how/when is this information added to, and taken off, this list?

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
4,255 Posts
Alex, the "New Posts" are posts that are those which have been unread by the specific member. New posts or what will show up as new posts include new threads, posts in threads, and threads that recieve a certain number of views which makes them "Hot Threads." There may be other reasons why although those are all that I can currently think of. So to answer your question if you view a thread but do not post in it, it will not be considered a new post to you or any other specific member in the same case.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
related question

Related to this, when I came here the New Posts would be say 56 and then when I'd read one post it would reset to zero or 1. Now I am seeing 490 new posts and it doesn't reset at all. As in tomorrow it will probably be 554 or something. Is that how it's supposed to be?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I believe the "new Posts" is the number of posts since the last time you logged in. But I also noticed that it only resets after your session has expired, which should be something like 20 minutes. So even though you move off the site and come back, they may still show as new posts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
FastSly
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing