Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd pretty much ignored this section because, well I didn't think it'd happen to me! Dun Dun Dun

So I've got a 2011 I picked up used with about 28k on the clock. At about 32k I noticed the steering wheel shake. Finally at about 34k I took it to the dealer because I found this information. After a wheel balance the issue went away. From those who have had this before is this temporary? So far, 400 miles later, no shakes.

FWIW - The VIN on my vehicle is in the range of cars that specify the repair requires a new steering column.

·
Registered
'08 Veracruz Limited
3,992 Posts
Well, if the wheel balance fixed it, that's a good sign. It's really hard to diagnose or provide a prognosis on a car purchased used.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,676 Posts
...the real shake issue was not just a wheel balance issue...it went way deeper than that.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
I'd pretty much ignored this section because, well I didn't think it'd happen to me! Dun Dun Dun

So I've got a 2011 I picked up used with about 28k on the clock. At about 32k I noticed the steering wheel shake. Finally at about 34k I took it to the dealer because I found this information. After a wheel balance the issue went away. From those who have had this before is this temporary? So far, 400 miles later, no shakes.

FWIW - The VIN on my vehicle is in the range of cars that specify the repair requires a new steering column.
Two types of shake issues with the Gen4 outback. One is the lousy continental tires which need considerable weight change about every 8000 miles. As soon as they are done replace them with a better tire!!!!!! I did and like the car much more now!

The other shake was not tire related and got very involved as to what was causing it in the cars that had it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts