Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking at trading in my current 2015 Lexus NX for a 2018 Outback 3.6 Premier.

I plan to have snow tires put on the factory wheels and them purchase a smaller wheel and more aggressive off road tire for the summer season.

I access a lot of logging and forestry roads here, biking, running and hiking.

Am I missing anything in this thinking? Hopeful current owners can help steer me in the right direction.

Sure wish the Premier had a few more colour choices, but I see I am not alone in that thinking.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
238 Posts
Hey @Batchelor , many folks have opted for the 17inch wheels - method /Motegi being the most popular, and the all terrain tires - tons of options.
I went with the Motegi MR118s with Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws (245/65/17). they are bigger tires but work out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R with Eyesight
350 Posts
Hello all,

I am looking at trading in my current 2015 Lexus NX for a 2018 Outback 3.6 Premier.

I plan to have snow tires put on the factory wheels and them purchase a smaller wheel and more aggressive off road tire for the summer season.
Just be aware that 17" is the minimum rim size to clear the brakes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just be aware that 17" is the minimum rim size to clear the brakes.
Interesting, I see TireRack will not put 16"s on an Outback, but it is an option for the Legacy (2018 both). Legacy must have smaller brakes, makes sense.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Touring
6 Posts
I own both a 2015 NX200T w/ AWD and a 2018 OB 3.6R Touring. Other than styling and Lexus not recommending off-road use, these two cars are remarkably similar. Dismissing advice from Lexus, my thought is that the NX would come close to holding its own against the OB in mild off-road situations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts