Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on replacing my OEM rims, car is 2013 2.5 Limited Outback in white. I'm not sold on black yet but could be convinced, leaning towards a matte grey if there is such a product or process?

Thanks for the suggestions in advance and pictures very encouraged.

·
Registered
46 Posts
are thoses 18". if so what size tires did you go with.
Yes, they're 18x8-45's. The wheels weigh ~18.5lbs/corner, much lighter than the stock 17 inchers that came on my SAP. The tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 235-50R18, which are fantastic in the dry and after the rains in Houston this weekend I can affirm that they are fantastic in the wet as well.

See the thread http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/81-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/46967-michelin-pilot-super-sport-2012-outback.html for more info on these tires.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks, I have a set of 18" wheels from the 2008 Legacy GT Spec.B that I will be brining over to the outback once i get it. How close is the diameter to the stock and is your spedo off at all?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes, they're 18x8-45's. The wheels weigh ~18.5lbs/corner, much lighter than the stock 17 inchers that came on my SAP. The tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 235-50R18, which are fantastic in the dry and after the rains in Houston this weekend I can affirm that they are fantastic in the wet as well.

See the thread http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/81-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/46967-michelin-pilot-super-sport-2012-outback.html for more info on these tires.
How much do the stock wheels weigh?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks, I have a set of 18" wheels from the 2008 Legacy GT Spec.B that I will be brining over to the outback once i get it. How close is the diameter to the stock and is your spedo off at all?
According to the tire calculator at the Discount Tire website, the difference is -0.38". Speedo error is ~0.9mph. Not really enough to worry about.

How much do the stock wheels weigh?
Not sure. But when they were swapping out the tires, the guys at Discount Tire remarked to me how amazingly light they were. I picked up one of the new mounted tires and one of the stock ones, and the difference really was impressive. TSW claims the 18" Nurburgrings are 18.5 lbs; the stock ones are probably 27+ lbs. The difference shows up on the road; there's very little "thump" when going over bumps now. One of the roads near my house has a bump in the middle of a tight turn, and there's almost no chassis disruption when hitting this now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These look great, i'm going to look into them. Are they 18"? And if 18" how does it effect the car, brakes, etc if at all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Will a dealer buy back the original rims and tires if I purchase a new car?
Or I have to sell them on ebay?

If I take the tire off the original rim, will that damage the tire?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tire Rack....

I bought my set of wheels for my 13 outback limited... they look great, I will post picture in the near future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
16 Participants
Bologna
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing