Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some EBC brake rotors. Via their website it says RK7337 fits my 2015 OB 2.5L.

But when I removed OEM rotors and measured the thickness of the rotor, OEM is 30mm, the new one is 17mm. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: I looked on EBC box for model # to make sure it was same #, but box has no model # on it.

Attaching pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Outback - 2005 Outback XT
374 Posts
I purchased some EBC brake rotors. Via their website it says RK7337 fits my 2015 OB 2.5L.

But when I removed OEM rotors and measured the thickness of the rotor, OEM is 30mm, the new one is 17mm. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: I looked on EBC box for model # to make sure it was same #, but box has no model # on it.

Attaching pics.
No. Not alright. Those aren't the correct rotors.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1999 30th Anniversary Legacy Outback DOHC 2.5L 4EAT, 2008 Impreza WRX 2.5L 5MT, 2008 Impreza Wagon 2.5L 4EAT
1,224 Posts
Those are definitely rears

·
Registered
2012 OB , 2017 Impreza
3,556 Posts
That rotor in your photo you call the "old" one..... it is FARRR better than most rotors on Vermont cars. Those would go another 3 Vermont winters before the rust starts flaking off in dime-size chunks.

Heck, the braking-surface is still rust-free.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Convenience
1,358 Posts

Attaching pics.
I just looked quickly and the part number rk7337 is for the WRX.

The 2015 OB needs rk7709 and rk7710 (f/r), at least in my search. It's pretty darn clear that rotor is not the right one for whatever reason.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with your old rotors. They look way better than mine and mine aren't on the radar to be replaced!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So yah, those were for the rear, not the fronts. I got the fronts sent.

And yes, I know I could have left these on, but I'm over 100K and just wanted to get rotors/brakes done now while its still warm out. Now I can go another 100k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts