Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Subaru models (=2006 for US but in Europe called 2005)

Has anyone info about the new models that is currently shipping from Japan to Europe, the boat will arrive in october and has the new 2005 models onboard.

Any differences & new features? We have had before this 2004 vs 2005 discussion but is it because Subaru has own plant in USA and they are 1 year after the Japanes versions?

Regards, Mika

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok,
some tidbits from the german model change for Subaru cars.

- Legacy 3.0R Spec B
3.0l Boxer with manual 6-speed box from the Impreza Sti
Bilstein parts and a different sporty frontbumper design

I have no idea if the 3.0R from the Legacy with the 6-speed will be offered in the Outback model as well...
Still no Xenon for the Legacy. Lucky, that at least we got DVD-Navi for it from the beginning...

- Forester 2,5 XT
2,5l Turbo
DVD-Navigation & Momo-steering wheel

The Forester 2,5l XT will not replace the already available 2,0l XT. Instead, both turbo models will be offered.

Some rumors say, the impreza outback sport will also come to Germany (with a 2,0l Boxer)

However, those are still rumors, but some dealers here in Germany already confirmed it...

greetings
Arne

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, but this is a "new" model of legacy. I was talking about the differences between 2004 vs 2005 models.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was too.

The 4th generation Legacy was introduced in Europe 2004.
(In the US, the model is already a 2005 model, because they are late)...

So above are the "changes" for the 2005 EU models from the 2004.
They added a new engine/transmission combination and not much else is known yet...
Since the model is brandnew, I doubt there will be any major changes...

The rest (Forester & stuff) is only additional information based on some rumors.

greetings
Arne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
ArneH
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing