Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a used 2003 Subaru Outback and I am looking for advice from people with experience. My main goals at the moment are:

1. Stop engine oil leak
2. Improve suspension for off-road/rally driving
3. Improve lights for night driving/off-road
4. More power
5. Longevity

If you have any ideas or recommendations for any of these things please let me know. I am hoping to make some friends and learn a lot from this community.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are very awesome, thank you. I will be posting in other categories that may be more relevant. To answer your inquiries: it's a 2003 2.5 L 4 speed automatic Subaru outback, relatively well maintained. I will look into the PCV valve.

I think rallycross would define my driving style better. High speed (70mph) driving through mud, gravel, and rough dirt roads, with a mixture of on-road driving. I have stock independent suspension but am wondering what may be a better suspension kit to keep me from hitting the ground after big bumps.

I am not sure if all light bars or compatible with my car so I am looking for information on what works best.

I've got stock rims and tires, but might need a tire with more meat on it so I don't hit rim on trenche des/potholes/etc.

With the oil leak I am frequently adding oil, every other fill up basically, and I plan on changing the oil and flushing the system at jiffy every 5000 miles. I appreciate the air filter comment, and I check my fluids every fill up, and will be changing everything during the oil change, and potentially sooner if it looks nasty.

Do you know where I can learn about the locations of all the ground wires? I am basically learning the parts with Google as I clean them and repair them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts