Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday, I traded in my 2011 Dodge Charger R/T (w/ cat-back exhaust and CAI--sans resonators) for a 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited. I loved the high performance of the Charger, and making it from 0-60 under 5 seconds was nice (3 speeding tickets to prove it), but I wanted something that could jump a curb, slosh through some mud, and be dependable as heck. After a few months of research and multiple interviews with Subaru owners, I'm confident I've made the right choice.

I would like to thank many of the members of this forum for sharing their Subaru experience, for your input helped me to make an informed decision. I look forward to learning more about what these cars can do and visiting the forum to research modification possibilities (mainly for off road, e.g., tires, lift, lights, etc.).

I look forward to logging many miles on the Outback.

Purchase price: $33,995 (green, no special appearance package--doesn't come with green unfortunately).

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
571 Posts
Enjoy your new car!

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
Welcome to the world of Subaru and this forum

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You for the Welcome

Welcome to the world of Subaru and this forum
Thank you, Subyblue. I appreciate the welcome. I'm happy to be a part of the Subaru family...even if a lot of the "old timers" think poorly of the new OBs. ;)

More than anything, I am glad to be away from the POS Dodge. That tranny is cr*p. I'm sure it has nothing to do with all the power braking I've done.... :22:

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
Thank you, Subyblue. I appreciate the welcome. I'm happy to be a part of the Subaru family...even if a lot of the "old timers" think poorly of the new OBs. ;)

More than anything, I am glad to be away from the POS Dodge. That tranny is cr*p. I'm sure it has nothing to do with all the power braking I've done.... :22:
Being an "old timer" I don't think "poorly" about my 2013 OB - I love it! .... or - define "old timer" here on these pages....

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Old Guys Rock

Being an "old timer" I don't think "poorly" about my 2013 OB - I love it! .... or - define "old timer" here on these pages....
Sorry for the miscommunication, jogosub. I meant the old school Subarus, not the drivers. I've got quite a bit of gray in my beard too.

So far, I am happy with the 2013. I do have to fight the steering wheel on the freeway. It just doesn't seem to track in a straight line. But, I read a ton of comments on the forum about the same issue, so it may just be the power of suggestion. I haven't driven a high vehicle in a while, and the OB definitely drives more like an SUV than a car.

I've been high while driving a vehicle, but that's another story. :1:

·
Registered
2013, 2.5I, Limited+eyesight
110 Posts
Sorry for the miscommunication, jogosub. I meant the old school Subarus, not the drivers. I've got quite a bit of gray in my beard too.

So far, I am happy with the 2013. I do have to fight the steering wheel on the freeway. It just doesn't seem to track in a straight line. But, I read a ton of comments on the forum about the same issue, so it may just be the power of suggestion. I haven't driven a high vehicle in a while, and the OB definitely drives more like an SUV than a car.

check the tire pressure first. I found my OB's tire pressure out of factory is not the same between left and right side. After I even the pressure, the car goes in a straight line now.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Recommendation

check the tire pressure first. I found my OB's tire pressure out of factory is not the same between left and right side. After I even the pressure, the car goes in a straight line now.
Ah, yes, I did see this mentioned in a thread somewhere. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts

That "fighting of the steering" on TX freeways may be due to the grooves in concrete although I am not sure, if they do it there, like they do it on Calif. freeways....

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
Ah, yes, I did see this mentioned in a thread somewhere. Thanks.
If you drive "fast" it is advisable to slightly over-inflate tires...most Police, Sheriff and Highway Patrol automobile yards do it on their cruisers, as recommended by manufacturers....

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
That "fighting of the steering" on TX freeways may be due to the grooves in concrete although I am not sure, if they do it there, like they do it on Calif. freeways....
+1, termed "tramlining". It's very common on heavily traveled roads, and more noticeable the wider the tires.

·
Registered
2013 White Outback 2.5 Special Appearance Package
57 Posts
Welcome!

Newer to the forum myself but still wanted to welcome you as well

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
Welcome to the world of Subies..

Steve..

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank You, Subaru Family

It's been a while since I have checked this thread, but thank you to everyone who welcomed me to the forum. There is a lot of great information here as well as a ton of good suggestions on upgrades and modifications.

Happy trails, everyone.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, PZEV, Satin White Pearl, SAP, OEM Hitch, Body Side Moldings, Door Edge Guards, Wheel Arch Moldings, Splash Guards, Rear Seat Back Protectors, Rear Bumper Cover, Pin
88 Posts
I don't know what's worse for an Outback or any car for that matter, TX grooves in the concrete or surface of the moon potholes in Jersey:eek:

Maybe our cars are trying to tell us something when they "sway" a little on the road:D

In any event, welcome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts