Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new, proud mom of an Outback (Premium 4 cyl CVT). It's just now at about 250 mi and I've noticed it "hiccuping" or "missing" a bit. Sounds like this might be a quirk of the CVT, especially in colder weather. Notice more at lower speeds. Didn't notice with the one I test drove a few times, but it had more mileage, plus it was a bit warmer then. Mine was a special order - had to have the Graphite Grey ;) . But thoughts? I'm correct in it being related to the CVT etc., right?

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
I'm a new, proud mom of an Outback (Premium 4 cyl CVT). It's just now at about 250 mi and I've noticed it "hiccuping" or "missing" a bit. Sounds like this might be a quirk of the CVT, especially in colder weather. Notice more at lower speeds. Didn't notice with the one I test drove a few times, but it had more mileage, plus it was a bit warmer then. Mine was a special order - had to have the Graphite Grey ;) . But thoughts? I'm correct in it being related to the CVT etc., right?
You have to get used to the CVT - it feels "weird" at the beginning - I had the same issue. But now, into 4000 miles, I don't feel any hiccups anymore... easy on your gas pedal - it ain't Honda Civic or anything else that you might have driven before!

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,182 Posts
You have to get used to the CVT - it feels "weird" at the beginning - I had the same issue. But now, into 4000 miles, I don't feel any hiccups anymore... easy on your gas pedal - it ain't Honda Civic or anything else that you might have driven before!
I have to say - my CVT has taken some getting used to- I am used to driving a manual my whole life, and automatic transmissions in rentals that operate one way (that I dont like). This really is different and the CVT does things that seem a bit strange but I am pretty sure its just that its different.
I cant say I know what the OP's issue is - but this car definitely is different. I am liking it though over the automatics Ive driven. very smooth

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
31 Posts
I'm a new, proud mom of an Outback (Premium 4 cyl CVT). It's just now at about 250 mi and I've noticed it "hiccuping" or "missing" a bit. Sounds like this might be a quirk of the CVT, especially in colder weather. Notice more at lower speeds. Didn't notice with the one I test drove a few times, but it had more mileage, plus it was a bit warmer then.
Yeah, I notice the same thing, and heard it from some friends, too. It does seem to be just the way the CVT works. I kind of had to learn a new way of accelerating to make it smoother, which I'm sure will ultimately improve gas mileage. (And flooring it is just weird, too. It just kinda hangs at high RPMs.)

Mine was a special order - had to have the Graphite Grey ;) .
I got the Graphite Gray, too. I liked the color on my 2009 Legacy and decided to stick with it.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
Graphite gray - excellent color choice! Welcome to the forum and OB ownership :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts