Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have been sneaking around the forum for a bit but now I have some specific questions I need to get input on regarding my 'new' car.

I have done several maintenance issues and a few repairs that were needed. I replaced brakes all around, plugs, wires and coil pack (pack was tested and failed others were preventative).

When I first bought the car it had 11 codes, I dont remember them all, but after tune-up, replacing the knock sensor and fixing a serious exhaust leak I have had a code 325, 301 and 302 return and stay.

What is my next best test? I am considering a fuel pressure issue. There is some rust in the neck of the gas filler tube and I am considering that some corrosion may be partially blocking the fuel uptake.
I am considering pulling the fuel injectors and checking for proper function.

What else should I be considering? While I don't hear engine knock, I do feel the misfiring on 1&2.
Money is at a premium and so free, or very cheap options are greatly appreciated.

Steve

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,377 Posts
How are you getting those codes? Are they in a Pxxxx format? Are the codes actually:

P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
P0325 Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction

The way you list them doesn't make much sense. Have you searched for the Pxxxx codes in our Problem and Maintenance forum?

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,377 Posts
I'd start with replacing the knock sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Replaced the Knock sensor a few weeks ago. The casing was cracked on the old one and so I felt good about the replacement. The light came back on almost immediately with the same codes.

·
Premium Member
2008 Subaru Tribeca
935 Posts
The knock codes prolly coming up from the mis firing.
I'd do a compression test on that side to make sure you don't have a valve or leaking head gasket issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.