Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2006 Outback XT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
New to the Subaru world, and have always benefited from forums with previous vehicles so I thought I'd join. Just bought an 06 Outback XT 5 speed which I would like to beef up and clean up do hopefully I came to the right place. Other than that I'm a NC native, snowboarder, mountain biker, and freelance photographer!

Attachments

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Nice, welcome with an XT...

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...94-new-xt-member-introduce-yourself-here.html

Post on this thread also ...

It's an '06, so hopefully you know about the the turbo oil feed, and the banjo filter on the passenger side head. That filter needs to come out. Premium fuel only, and synthetic oil every 3750K miles. Oh, check your oil, check it often.

You didn't say how many miles, There are timing belts at about evey 100Kmiles and 10 years. TB should be done already, if you are over 150K miles, I would consider an aftermarket up-pipe. The OEM has a catalyst in there and it's right before the turbo. There is concern that if the cat comes apart it grenades the spool.

Other wise these aged cars are prone to intake leak and a few other gremlins, all easily remedied if you can tinker.

:welcome2:

Registered
2006 Outback XT
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I've done a little research but still new to subies and is my first turbo car. Fortunately I manage an auto shop, I not a mechanic by any means but I am somewhat car savy so I can save some money on some repairs. It is a high milage car at 194k but I got it for a steal and couldnt say no haha. TB and tune up were definitely first on my to do list this week, as well as replacing a hub to fix a noisy wheel bearing. But I bought the car to invest in like, so I'm excited to have a new project!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts